Amirm’s review of the WiiM Ultra

Am I unpolite if I tell you that the WiiM ultra measures better than the Linn Akurate dsm ( Amirm has tested both ) .
Does it hurt your Scottish feelings ? :)
Does it bother a rock when a tiny Chihuahua barks at it? 😉
I do not mean you, to make that clear 😂

@canard Normally a rock has its most solid part at the bottom, the rock would not even notice it. And thats what happens, I am sure 😉.
we don't know...
it's mainly that he can't say anything or defend it... the rock...

too easy on the part of the cowardly roquet..!!!!!
RDC
( rocks defense committee)

Count me in on this... the GUI still looks very gimmicky and a little cheap. I thought WiiM once teased they would implement custom themes or something. @WiiM Team

If anything, my interest is more in practicality than looks. 😉

I don't need a volume slider, but switching between inputs and outputs, etc. should be much simple. If a next generation remote is developed, with scene (preset) functionality, and if it works well with the screen, I believe the usability will improve dramatically. But my wish may be too extravagant.😂

He didn't manage to find the DAC output filter selection, though, which left me puzzled.

But maybe he simply didn't check the app thoroughly.
He didnt check that there were volume numbers in the display, he didnt check the digital outputs ( USB out ) , he didnt check or mention the ability to use the USB input to drive 2T SSD discs . He didnt check the digital volumecontrol .
He didnt mention the ability to use an Apple remote for all sources in the ultra , as a highend volumecontrol.
He didnt mention or investigated the room correction.

Lets hope those things including the printed version inside the Ultra of the electronics gonna be investigated when and if Vintageflanker releases his measurements .

He didnt check that there were volume numbers in the display, he didnt check the digital outputs ( USB out ) , he didnt check or mention the ability to use the USB input to drive 2T SSD discs . He didnt check the digital volumecontrol .
He didnt mention the ability to use an Apple remote for all sources in the ultra , as a highend volumecontrol.
He didnt mention or investigated the room correction.

Lets hope those things including the printed version inside the Ultra of the electronics gonna be investigated when and if Vintageflanker releases his measurements .
Why would the use of an Apple remote, external storage or the use of a USB DAC have to be part of his tests? They don't have anything to do with the internal DAC & ADC performance. (test) files loaded of an external drive will sound just the same when played over network and with digital audio output over USB, the performance depends mainly on the external DAC.

And what do you mean by the "printed version"?

Back