Authorization of Qobuz in the Wiim Home application

Валерий

Good afternoon. There's a new Wiim Pro Plus. Firmware updated (from 07/0/2024). The necessary settings have been made. Works. But there is a problem with authorization in Qobuz. After entering the login and password, Wiim writes that the entered login or password is incorrect. This procedure was carried out repeatedly, the entered data was without errors. At the same time, on three Android devices, the Qobuz application works with this username and password. I tried it on a phone (Android) with the Wiim app to log in with the VPN turned on, but it didn’t work. I installed the Wiim application on the iPhone, the same situation. To continue studying this problem, I tried to log in to the IHeartRadio service built into the Wiim application. To do this, I installed the IHeartRadio application on my Android from the Play market and registered in it. Logged in, the application works. I tried to log in through WiimHome, the same situation as with Qobuz (here it says login and password saved and that’s it).
Dear forum users, has anyone encountered a similar problem?
P.S. At the moment, you have to connect Qobuz via Chromecast, but there’s a problem here too. When subscribing to Qobuz Studio, the maximum 24-Bit/192kHz is set in the Qobuz application settings via Chromecast, only 16-Bit/44.1kHz is transmitted (this can be seen in the Qobuz application itself, when you press the broadcast button). On any tracks, even CD, even the best Hi-Res. At the same time, many users write that it can be up to 24-Bit/96KHz.

Last edited:
Good afternoon. There's a new Wiim Pro Plus. Firmware updated (from 07/0/2024). The necessary settings have been made. Works. But there is a problem with authorization in Qobuz. After entering the login and password, Wiim writes that the entered login or password is incorrect. This procedure was carried out repeatedly, the entered data was without errors. At the same time, on three Android devices, the Qobuz application works with this username and password. I tried it on a phone (Android) with the Wiim app to log in with the VPN turned on, but it didn’t work. I installed the Wiim application on the iPhone, the same situation. To continue studying this problem, I tried to log in to the IHeartRadio service built into the Wiim application. To do this, I installed the IHeartRadio application on my Android from the Play market and registered in it. Logged in, the application works. I tried to log in through WiimHome, the same situation as with Qobuz (here it says login and password saved and that’s it).
P.S. At the moment, you have to connect Qobuz via Chromecast, but there’s a problem here too. When subscribing to Qobuz Studio, the maximum 24-Bit/192kHz is set in the Qobuz application settings via Chromecast, only 16-Bit/44.1kHz is transmitted (this can be seen in the Qobuz application itself, when you press the broadcast button). On any tracks, even CD, even the best Hi-Res. At the same time, many users write that it can be up to 24-Bit/96KHz.

Not sure whether the use of a VPN is impacting this, but please submit a ticket to WiiM via the settings /feedback section in the WiiM Home app so they can inspect your
Qobuz limits Chromecast to 24/96 as has been discussed and verified here on several occasions. See this link where it confirms that is still the case and that the CD limit shown in the Android Qobuz app is erroneous

Post in thread 'Pro Plus: Chromecast & Qobuz'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/pro-plus-chromecast-qobuz.3891/post-62315

Back