Beta Test: Plex (Feature now publicly available)

Managed to just install the Beta and have a quick test.

Just as a heads-up in case anyone else has their library configured the same as mine.

If you use the RELEASETYPE tag to show Live, Compilation and singles/eps etc. These do not show in this integration. Hopefully something they will add. But just in case you think you have music missing!!

Images below show difference on Plexamp as opposed to the WiiM integration.

Additional: Also noted that it does not pull through any custom artwork you might have for playlists.

1726744678516.png1726744775258.png

Last edited:
Managed to just install the Beta and have a quick test.

Just as a heads-up in case anyone else has their library configured the same as mine.

If you use the RELEASETYPE tag to show Live, Compilation and singles/eps etc. These do not show in this integration. Hopefully something they will add. But just in case you think you have music missing!!

Images below show difference on Plexamp as opposed to the WiiM integration.

Additional: Also noted that it does not pull through any custom artwork you might have for playlists.

View attachment 11873View attachment 11874
Hi,

Thanks very much for your feedback; we will check how to show the entire content on the artist page that is the same as the Plexamp app.

Hi,

Thanks very much for your feedback; we will check how to show the entire content on the artist page that is the same as the Plexamp app.
Are there any plans to make the WiiM devices (specifically those with a enough processing power) show up as endpoints for the native Plexamp app?

Can you use the DJ's and add playing track to a playlist?
No, the DJ’s are not available, and only a couple of stations. Search also doesn’t include the Plex library
It’s possible to add a playing track to a playlist or a collection on Plex.

No, the DJ’s are not available, and only a couple of stations. Search also doesn’t include the Plex library
It’s possible to add a playing track to a playlist or a collection on Plex.
ugh really wish they had done headless client

Things that I have seen:
1. You can't add to a play queue. At the moment I also use Qobuz, if I am queuing music from Qobuz, I can add additional albums to the play queue via "Play Last" option.
2. As mentioned above, I can't search Plex.
3. It appears albums categorized on the server as a Compilation are not available from the Artist level. They do show up as albums, or via the folder/files level.

Even with these issues, it's still an improvement for me vs using DLNA.

Things that I have seen:
1. You can't add to a play queue. At the moment I also use Qobuz, if I am queuing music from Qobuz, I can add additional albums to the play queue via "Play Last" option.
2. As mentioned above, I can't search Plex.
3. It appears albums categorized on the server as a Compilation are not available from the Artist level. They do show up as albums, or via the folder/files level.

Even with these issues, it's still an improvement for me vs using DLNA.
Wait there's no search function at all?

• Sad
Reactions: vdp
Up until a day or two ago I had Plex beta on all my devices. It has now mysteriously vanished from all my devices. Has this happened to anyone else?

Up until a day or two ago I had Plex beta on all my devices. It has now mysteriously vanished from all my devices. Has this happened to anyone else?
Still there on my mini, but there’s now a “public beta” for the Amp and Ultra as announced in their firmware upgrades today.

They also wrote this. Not sure anybody noticed?

https://faq.wiimhome.com/en/support...native-plex-support-and-plex-as-a-dlna-server

So describing this "'native plex integration" and "dlna option". Both bad options and no mention of plex as endpoint.
All that faq is saying to me is that they’re promoting their native Plex integration as a better option than enabling DLNA on the Plex server. Why would they mention Plex as an endpoint and potentially decry what they’re delivering? Also, it’s a faq entry, not a roadmap where you’d expect announcements of new features.

Keeping beating the drum about something it’s not isn’t going to deliver what you want. I suggest you (and any other interested party) raise a feature request ticket to request Plex as an endpoint - the more who do, the better the chance WiiM will consider it.

PLEX is working great on the WiiM home app on my iPhone 15 plus streaming to my WiiM ultra.

It would be good if you had full usability of Flex, I have Plex Pass so have all the features including 10 radio stations (Artist Mix Builder / Album Mix Builder / Library Radio / Deep Cuts Radio / Time Travel Radio / Random Album Radio / Discovery Radio / Style Radio / Mood Radio / Decade Radio) whereas for Plex in the WiiM app I only have 5 (Library Radio / Deep Cuts Radio / Time Travel Radio / Random Album Radio / Discovery Radio)

Mood Radio is a must have in my opinion.

Last edited:
All that faq is saying to me is that they’re promoting their native Plex integration as a better option than enabling DLNA on the Plex server. Why would they mention Plex as an endpoint and potentially decry what they’re delivering? Also, it’s a faq entry, not a roadmap where you’d expect announcements of new features.

Keeping beating the drum about something it’s not isn’t going to deliver what you want. I suggest you (and any other interested party) raise a feature request ticket to request Plex as an endpoint - the more who do, the better the chance WiiM will consider it.
Agree partially. As plexamp endpoint is not part of current plans a feature request will likely be required.

However being as much an annoyance in a thread like this is something I'll likely keep up. Good that people reading this thread consider options. Eversolo should be able to sideload the Plexamp it seems, don't have enough understanding of what you do get like that but will try to investigate and share options here :)

Back