Beta Test: Room Correction for Individual Channels

Maybe the differences with calibrated files would be minor and not worth the effort…
They certainly look for the biggest gain for the buck…
It wouldn't be minor above 4kHz for a lot of mics. Compared to all the other calculations involved adding calibration seems straightforward.

Many different applications have no problems with the .txt file. Example is REW, which many people write about here, Housecurve and many, many others. Somehow their programmers are not afraid and everyone uses it.

Many different applications have no problems with the .txt file. Example is REW, which many people write about here, Housecurve and many, many others. Somehow their programmers are not afraid and everyone uses it.
Do you want WiiM to implement the cal file import feature (like I do) or do you want to tell them how to do it and how easy it is, because some other app (totally regardless of the underlying operating system) has done it before?

Exactly. I would like Wiim to implement import of calibration files. That's what I mean. You are the one who writes about some theoretical problems with infected files. I would like to end strange discussions, as if there was some huge opposition to these files. There are constant doubts and inventing problems. Technical issues are on Wiim's side. They have talented engineers and they want to sell their products. Is there a problem with that? Those who want to use it will. Those who don't want to, don't have to.

Back