Beta Test: Room Correction for Individual Channels

the subject seems poorly understood... but it is by far the priority for those who use the eq peq and rc modes...

known since spring 2022 from memory

this is the prerequisite for their uses... especially since in peq mode ( and the rc mode by extension) it becomes difficult to understand

:confused::(

(if it is a shame that there is not the possibility of integrating the micro calibration...the discussions around the small dayton showed that in this case to put it into perspective a little)

not having the use of these modes...I got tired of pointing it out over time...
:censored:

onlyoneme was right to point this out...

Last edited:
Of course, as mentioned earlier, it remains to be seen if this will be a beneficial option.
This is an example of usage.

With sub and crossover at 80hz.
  1. Using 7 bands, run the left RC at 80hz~500hz.
  2. Likewise, run the right RC from 80hz~500hz.
  3. Using 3 bands, run stereo RC from 40hz~80hz.
  4. Divide the gain of the stereo RC value into two equal parts and paste them into the respective PEQs for left and right.
  5. Readjust the volume difference between the sub and main speakers if necessary.
What a complication 😮 I’m really lucky having not a subwoofer, and neither want it. 😂😂😂 My devices are dedicated only to music. No tv or similia. A classic stereo equipment ;)

I think the room correction and PEQ section is a very un-WiiM mess.

If you turn room correction off, PEQ turns off. If you turn PEQ on, room correction comes on.

Only it doesn’t. As I understand it, if you’ve run room correction but turn a custom PEQ setting on, that overrides the room correction. But it’s extremely unclear.

All a bit of a mess.
Hi Steve,

Thank you for pointing that out. We'll be updating the settings related to RC and PEQ soon to make them clearer. Stay tuned for updates!

What a complication 😮 I’m really lucky having not a subwoofer, and neither want it. 😂😂😂 My devices are dedicated only to music. No tv or similia. A classic stereo equipment ;)
Mine is also music only, the TV is connected but rarely used. I still find a subwoofer useful.

Hi @Maurizio 😊

I can't live without sub, but I recently ditched the big TV, big couch, floorstander in my room. From now on I will concentrate on music in this room.😄

And I added another sub.😂

Hi @Maurizio 😊

I can't live without sub, but I recently ditched the big TV, big couch, floorstander in my room. From now on I will concentrate on music in this room.😄

And I added another sub.😂
You surely will face more tension between you and your neighbor by adding more bass. 😆

Back