Beta Test: Room Correction for Android

If you lean your head inch to left based on the picture you will loose the center image 😆 you been experimenting a lot than actual listening. 😆
Yup. 😄
But don't misunderstand me. I just think that using a camera is a convenient and reasonable way to ensure that the microphone stays in the same position.🙂

Yup. 😄
But don't misunderstand me. I just think that using a camera is a convenient and reasonable way to ensure that the microphone stays in the same position.🙂
You are helping us on your experiment and we appreciate that. It’s midnight in your country my friend be careful not to blast the music or ninja will come out slice and dice your wiim.

You are helping us on your experiment and we appreciate that. It’s midnight in your country my friend be careful not to blast the music or ninja will come out slice and dice your wiim.
I just do what I enjoy doing. Thanks. 😄

In my case, there is a slight difference. Probably depends on the size of the room, distance between speakers, etc. My room is very small.

Herein lies the problem with single point measurements.

No reputable room correction software will ever correct based on a single point measurement, the better approach is to take multiple measurements and create an average.

Until Wiim introduce either multiple measurements or an RTA approach for both left and right channels separately, the room correction offered by Wiim will only be a novelty feature.

I have a Neumann 2* KH150 + 1*KH750 setup in my main basement listening room and the MA1 room alignment system requires 7 measurement positions plus for each speaker separately including the subwoofer. By the way, the first time I used it, I entered the production number of the MA1 measuring microphone and the calibration software downloaded the calibration file. I think the WiiM RC multi-position measurement is important, as is support for a specific mic piece's calibration file by serial number, especially since that file is available. I am attaching the result of the Neumann MA1 calibration in my small basement.1000030293.jpg

In my house, I often hear neighbor's wife yelling at her husband. And there is an bustling elementary school in front of entrance. 😂 I envy you.
She maybe yelling because the person can’t perform and not satisfied? 😆 I used to live in big city but too much noise, pollution and people. Now, just nature and sounds of insects at night.

I still realized that I have experience with measuring with IK Multimedia ARC 4 and then saving the curve in the ARC Studio hardware box. In this case, there is the possibility of a simple measurement in seven positions, or a full measurement in the same seven positions, but in total three height levels. That's a total of 21 positions and for each channel separately.

Hi. I don't know much about technical aspects and I'm just coming in to say that I've tried room correction with my smartphone (Poco X4 pro 5g) and my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite), in both cases with the internal microphone. The results are much better with the tablet. Hope this helps to someone.

Herein lies the problem with single point measurements.

No reputable room correction software will ever correct based on a single point measurement, the better approach is to take multiple measurements and create an average.

Until Wiim introduce either multiple measurements or an RTA approach for both left and right channels separately, the room correction offered by Wiim will only be a novelty feature.
I partly agree, because some room correction is better than none. We're assuming here 8f course that some is in the right direction and not random, which is highly unlikely.
However I'm trying to figure out latency, that's another problem again....

I wish wiim can give us insight when can we expect the enhanced rc which include auto level, auto phase, auto crossover and independent peq.

I wish wiim can give us insight when can we expect the enhanced rc which include auto level, auto phase, auto crossover and independent peq.
Hi Smartplug, Team

We plan to beta test the enhanced room correction with L/R independent PEQ later this week, aiming to improve performance in asymmetric rooms further. Additionally, we plan to release the automatic latency calibration for the subwoofer next week. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Hi Smartplug, Team

We plan to beta test the enhanced remote control with L/R independent PEQ later this week, aiming to improve performance in asymmetric rooms further. Additionally, we plan to release the automatic latency calibration for the subwoofer next week. Stay tuned!
Thank you very much!

Hi Smartplug, Team

We plan to beta test the enhanced remote control with L/R independent PEQ later this week, aiming to improve performance in asymmetric rooms further. Additionally, we plan to release the automatic latency calibration for the subwoofer next week. Stay tuned!
"Remote Control" or "Room Correction"? 🤦‍♂️

Hi Smartplug, Team

This is such good news!!

I don't know if it has already been mentioned.
My NAD M10 microphone works perfectly with my Google Pixel 8 Pro for room correction.

I agree with your conclusions. I have also compared measurements on several phones and tablets and the combination of Galaxy Tab and IMM-6C looked very good. Therefore, I am currently using this set.
I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) he is referring to the imm6 3.5mm plugged into tablet a Samsung not the imm6c, as it had no USB c port.

Back