Beta Test: Samba (Feature now publicly available)

I have join the beta program.
I have tested dlna and my router doesn't render flac / hi res files
Are you saying that you can see the Hires files in the WiiM Home app - through DLNA on your router - but playback fails?

If that's the case I'd be surprised if samba works, unless they've implemented very different buffering strategies.

Are you saying that you can see the Hires files in the WiiM Home app - through DLNA on your router - but playback fails?

If that's the case I'd be surprised if samba works, unless they've implemented very different buffering strategies.
Nope , with DLNA , wiim home app doesn't list any hi res or flac files at all. Which lead me to look for samba which hopefully will since it's file server and wiim should able to find any files playable and how high res can it go before hitting issues ( eg. router low USB speed becoming an issues )

I can convert some hi res flac to be uncompressed wav (fixed bitrate) just for experiment

Last edited:
Nope , with DLNA , wiim home app doesn't list any hi res or flac files at all.
That will be a limitation of the server rather than WiiM, but it's strange given how long flac has been a standard.
As long as the router isn't that old that it only supports smb v1 then you should be ok, as the bandwidth requirements of music, even hires, are minimal.

Hi, how long after registering for the beta we get access?
Thanks,
Hi bcabral,

It's available now. Can you please send me your ticket number so I can work with our team to get your device whitelisted? Thank you for your assistance and patience.

Hi, no ticket number... I just filled the form and it said thank you. (and I've done it twice already).
Thanks,

Hi, no ticket number... I just filled the form and it said thank you. (and I've done it twice already).
Thanks,
In that case, do it via the settings/feedback section in the app, supplying your MAC address (although that should be visible anyway in your device logs) and get a ticket number that WiiM can then identify. Thanks

So where do you add the SMB share? I think it’s a button in the top right corner of the Home Music Share screen, but I don’t have anything there. Have the beta firmware on my pro plus and submitted the MAC address in the Google form.

So where do you add the SMB share? I think it’s a button in the top right corner of the Home Music Share screen, but I don’t have anything there. Have the beta firmware on my pro plus and submitted the MAC address in the Google form.
It’s currently only available in the Android app

Just got my 4.8.622631

Tried the samba function but got cunexpected error "

I tried connect using Windows 11 and it's working

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240717-014928_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20240717-014928_Trebuchet.png
    358 KB · Views: 19
Yes. I tried many times.

The unexpected error came after keying the "Music" . If key without , it will have cfolder can't be empty "
Try submitting a ticket then to WiiM in the settings/feedback section of the app and they may be able to identify the root cause in your device logs.

I tried adding a samba share and it fails with the message "invalid directory". If I use the wrong host name I get a different error so the host name must be correct. Any ideas?

On a Raspberry Pi running Bookworm 64 bit. I can access it from Windows and use FrreFileSync for music files successfully.
I'm running Ubuntu on a Pi so a very similar setup.
Are you sure you've specified the correct share name, as giving the wrong name generated that error message for me?

I'm running Ubuntu on a Pi so a very similar setup.
Are you sure you've specified the correct share name, as giving the wrong name generated that error message for me?
Even just using \\ipaddress\media
gave the same error

Back