Beta Test: Samba

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Hi WiiM Community,

For WiiM Amp, Pro Plus, Pro owners, we invite you to beta-test our upcoming Samba feature. As a beta tester, you'll gain early access to our new Samba functionality, which allows seamless browsing and playing of music directly from Samba servers. We're looking for feedback on usability, functionality, and overall performance to ensure a polished final release. Sign up now to help shape the future of music streaming through Samba!

Please provide any feedback through the WiiM Home App > Settings > Feedback with the subject: Samba Feedback OR through this forum thread.

If interested, please fill out the form below, and we'll add you to our whitelist.

Best regards,
WiiM Team

Last edited:
Hi,
How will this sit alongside the existing beta testing for DLNA output etc ?
If you want to be involved in both will we need to switch between software versions ?
Thanks

While I welcome this development, it does seem aimed again at the enthusiast, like the Squeezelite implementation. I am sure that many more would welcome the planned access to music files on cloud drives such as OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive etc. This would allow simple storage and access to music without the hassle of establishing a samba server or leaving PCs, Raspberry Pis, SSDs and the like continually running at home. I would be grateful if you could consider prioritising this feature for future betas.

While I welcome this development, it does seem aimed again at the enthusiast, like the Squeezelite implementation. I am sure that many more would welcome the planned access to music files on cloud drives such as OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive etc. This would allow simple storage and access to music without the hassle of establishing a samba server or leaving PCs, Raspberry Pis, SSDs and the like continually running at home. I would be grateful if you could consider prioritising this feature for future betas.
You can use established apps like BubbleUPnP on Android or mConnect on iOS to do that so perhaps that’s why there’s not currently a priority

This is samba support, like a Kodi/android phone so you can browse windows shared drives?

I'd rate Squeezelite the most important feature of a streamer. I'd never choose another streamer without LMS support.

Again, only for parity reasons. Never a streamer without Roon certification 😂
It might be a job for a robot to count how often ey ess are and ell emm ess are mentioned here 😉

Again, only for parity reasons. Never a streamer without Roon certification 😂
It might be a job for a robot to count how often ey ess are and ell emm ess are mentioned here 😉

Roon being a complete rip off, and they can't even be bothered to write nas versions of their software...plus needing internet connection, or paying for subscription system

nah

The fact there are so many replies in response to my post in the space of an hour would suggest the forum is frequented by people whose enthusiasm for the subject is greater than the population average!
I get the attraction of LMS, Roon etc for this group (I use LMS myself), but am aware that most of the less enthusiastic people likely just want to access their personal music file rips by either plugging a USB stick/drive into their appliance (sic) and/or easily streaming the same music they have uploaded to their clouds.
I am aware of the apps such as BubbleUPnP or mConnect but if I (even as a partial enthusiast) cannot be bothered with the thought of that then I doubt many others will.
Hence my request to prioritise a WHA means of accessing various clouds so it can be closer to a one-stop-shop.

Why is it that small sections of the LMS crowd are so angry?
Small dog syndrome.

It's quite amusing watching DNLA users swooning over a basic and generic music service. Like explaining to a Apple Mac user that PC's have two button mice, "wow that's amazing"

Back