Beta Test: Samba

It's probably related to the optional dirsort module for samba, which sorts the content before fetching it by the client.

My samba share on picoreplayer is unsorted and I can’t see where to change that, but no big deal as it was just an academic exercise to see if the share itself would work.

While checking on a Samba share to answer a question on FB, I notice that my shares on my Synology NAS and Raspberry PI show the folders in random order. Am I imagining things or did it (or should it) display the folders in at least alphabetical order?
This is a bit of a guess but it may depend on how the Wiim code is querying the file structure of the share. If it scans/walks the disc physically to build its folder listing it can return folders in the physical sequence they exist with on the disc not in alphabetical order. This is often the chronological order in which they were created.

Try submitting a ticket then to WiiM in the settings/feedback section of the app and they may be able to identify the root cause in your device logs.
I have probe my router samba version using nmap

nmap -p445 --script smb-protocols $ip

Unfortunately , it says version 1 , which wiim doesn't support.

It's OK . I'm using KODI as my dlna / file server now . It's working but now I need to maintain another devices

Just won’t work reliably. I can browse and select, but it skips right through the song. I’ve had it work a couple of times and then next time it skips the same exact files without playing. No changes to configuration, just randomness. Very frustrating.

Just won’t work reliably. I can browse and select, but it skips right through the song. I’ve had it work a couple of times and then next time it skips the same exact files without playing. No changes to configuration, just randomness. Very frustrating.
Hi Umiami91,

Can you please send us a feedback ticket from the WiiM Home App? We'll resolve this issue for you promptly. Thank you for your patience and assistance.

Back