Can't "add to room" in Google Home

pna2022

Hi all, i am not sure if anyone experience this before.

My wiim pro is working perfectly as i managed to add to room as guided in the manual and worked fine with my other google speakers in multiroom setup. Recently i loaned the unit to a friend to try out. The wiim pro was reset and successfully installed and seen in Google Home as local device. On the next step, instead of shown "add to room" it now shows "request invite to home". My friend is the only owner of the only home and we have no idea where the request was sent to.

Appreciate a solution.

Hi Wiimer, thanks for your reply. Do you mean i need to remove the wiim from my home so my friend could add it to his? It sounds possible but i did a factory reset on the wiim pro by pressing the play/pause button for 10 seconds before setting up it at my friend's place. Does it not good enough?

Hi,
Is there still a WiiM Pro in your Google home app (or your account) ? If it has already disappeared, it may be another problem.

Perhaps if your friend gets their own WiiM, it will work just as well as you do.

Hi,
Is there still a WiiM Pro in your Google home app (or your account) ? If it has already disappeared, it may be another problem.

Perhaps if your friend gets their own WiiM, it will work just as well as you do.
Yes the WiiM Pro still shown in my Google home app but in offline status.

Yes the WiiM Pro still shown in my Google home app but in offline status.
It might be that Google thinks the device MAC address is still associated with your Google home app, so I’d remove it from there. Re the invite, I would imagine that would have gone to your friend’s google account or Home app.

Back