Connecting USB SSD ?

Bambooken

Apologies if this has been covered already but… here goes anyhow.
Is the USB connection on the back able to both input and output? If so, is this a selection in the WiiM app? Or, does it somehow automatically know what to do when it senses a hard drive?
~ I'd like to connect an SSD of my high resolution music files to my Ultra and I'm finding definitively…
~ Which file system format is the best to use for the Ultra?
~ Which file format is the best for the music files; FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF? Or does it even matter?

It automatically knows.
Usb hdd input, audio output.
Not audio input.
You can use a hub to get both in and out at once.
Might need separate power for the hdd.
File system - perform a serach, it's been mentioned but I've forgotton! Might even be on ultra faq page.
File format - personally I use flac. Smaller than wav, better metadata support. I think there was (still is?) an issue with one of the other 'A' formats.

Last edited:
;)I posted this a few minutes ago, because it was not mentioned in the FAQ that the in/out from the USB hub to the external DAC can work at the same time (and many people do not know this, even though it is a very excellent quality), let's say I use an iFi Ipower2 for a hard drive to exclude DC noise. .

;)I posted this a few minutes ago, because it was not mentioned in the FAQ that the in/out from the USB hub to the external DAC can work at the same time (and many people do not know this, even though it is a very excellent quality), let's say I use an iFi Ipower2 for a hard drive to exclude DC noise. .
Mentioned here though and I’d say is a pretty well known feature

Post in thread 'WiiM Ultra'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/wiim-ultra.1731/post-48890

There is a major lack of WiiM documentation update.
You can raise this as a ticket. I have done that some time ago but it looks like not being prioritized.

Back