Enhanced Room Correction is Here!

RyanWithWiim

Administrator
Staff member
We're thrilled to announce that our Room Correction feature is getting a significant upgrade! Starting today, WiiM devices will receive big improvements to Room Correction performance when tuned, taking your listening experience to the next level.

What's New?
Broader Frequency Range: Expand the default 40Hz~4KHz frequency range to an impressive 30Hz~20kHz, enhancing both bass and high frequencies.

How to Experience the Upgrade:
To take advantage of these exciting improvements, simply update to the latest version of the WiiM Home App on your iOS or Android device, and make sure your WiiM device is running the latest firmware. Most of these changes happened server side, but we recommend making sure you have no updates pending.

Tips for Optimizing Room Correction:
A good way to evaluate the new Room Correction is by starting with bass frequency adjustments - which is much simpler than adjusting both bass and treble simultaneously. If your previous range was 40~4k Hz, try adjusting it to 20~4k Hz to see if it improves bass performance. Treble adjustments are more speaker-dependent and less influenced by the room, plus users have varying preferences for treble. The update improves treble alignment with your target curve, offering more precise control in the high-frequency range.

Questions or Feedback?
Feel free to share your thoughts or ask questions in this thread. We're always here to listen and help.

Thanks for being part of the WiiM community!

Last edited:
We're thrilled to announce that our Room Correction feature is getting a significant upgrade! Starting today, WiiM devices will receive big improvements to Room Correction performance when tuned, taking your listening experience to the next level.

What's New?
Broader Frequency Range: Expand the default 40Hz~4KHz frequency range to an impressive 30Hz~20kHz, enhancing both bass and high frequencies.

How to Experience the Upgrade
To take advantage of these exciting improvements, simply update to the latest version of the WiiM Home App on your iOS or Android device, and make sure your WiiM device is running the latest firmware. Most of these changes happened server side, but we recommend making sure you have no updates pending.

Questions or Feedback?
Feel free to share your thoughts or ask questions in this thread. We're always here to listen and help.

Thanks for being part of the WiiM community!
How is that new? The full frequency range was always available.

The target curves Harman or B&K appear to look somewhat different with the Android app version 2. 12.1.

Is that part of said improvements or rather part of my personal ageing process?

How is that new? The full frequency range was always available.
I agree in fact you can adjust settings from 20 to 20khz since its interception. The only thing I see the default from 40 to 4K was replace with new 30 to 20k. Was the flat curve will actually give me ruler flat using just 10 band?

Perhaps the high and low frequency correction is now more accurate than before. If one of my devices hasn't updated the app yet, I'll compare later.

The primary difference lies in performance between the 20-50Hz bass range and frequencies above 16kHz. The updated Room Correction provides better measurement of the room's transfer function, leading to more accurate calibration. This is especially beneficial if you're using subwoofers or speakers with strong bass in those rooms. Additionally, the new Room Correction improves treble adjustment, making it more effective for those looking to fine-tune higher frequencies.

And for those who love spoilers:

We're also working on a couple more things for Room Correction for the future:
1. Integrating independent PEQ Room Correction with subwoofer, enabling automatic level matching between the main speakers and the subwoofer.
2. Enhancing Room Correction by using multiple measurements at one spot to eliminate environmental noise.

1. Integrating independent PEQ Room Correction with subwoofer, enabling automatic level matching between the main speakers and the subwoofer.
2. Enhancing Room Correction by using multiple measurements at one spot to eliminate environmental noise.

That is an exciting new feature.😀

I have my main speakers connected to the Ultra and two subwoofers to the Pro. I then play these two WiiMs as a group.

However, the Pro does not have a sub out, so I use PEQ to adjust the low pass of the sub. (My subwoofer's built-in low-pass is of little use.)

If possible, it would be great if you could add low-pass and high-pass filters to the PEQ on the WiiM devices that do not have a sub-out.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

The primary difference lies in performance between the 20-50Hz bass range and frequencies above 16kHz. The updated Room Correction provides better measurement of the room's transfer function, leading to more accurate calibration. This is especially beneficial if you're using subwoofers or speakers with strong bass in those rooms. Additionally, the new Room Correction improves treble adjustment, making it more effective for those looking to fine-tune higher frequencies.

I like that wiim putting so much effort improving room correction. This one particular feature that l like than anything else out there.

That is an exciting new feature.😀

I have my main speakers connected to the Ultra and two subwoofers to the Pro. I then play these two WiiMs as a group.

However, the Pro does not have a sub out, so I use PEQ to adjust the low pass of the sub. (My subwoofer's built-in low-pass is of little use.)

If possible, it would be great if you could add low-pass and high-pass filters to the PEQ on the WiiM devices that do not have a sub-out.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.
You can connect both sub on ultra by using Y cable. From there you can use ultra sub setting to tweak to your liking.

Ticket No.515079

There may be a bug in the RC in the new app. Sometimes it does not compensate above 4kHz at all. (Bandwidth is set to 20Hz-20kHz).

1000006711.jpg

This one is normal(?) and above 4 kHz.
1000006715.jpg

For Xiaomi 12T pro +IMM-6C, I solved the problem by moving the parameters in RC settings and then running it.

However, for Galaxy tub S8 plus +IMM-6C, it did not work no matter how many times I tried. However, readjustment may improve the problem.

Last edited:
There may be a bug in the RC in the new app. Sometimes it does not compensate above 4kHz at all. (Bandwidth is set to 20Hz-20kHz).

View attachment 13182

View attachment 13183

For Xiaomi 12T pro +IMM-6C, I solved the problem by moving the parameters in RC settings and then running it.

However, for Galaxy tub S8 plus +IMM-6C, it did not work no matter how many times I tried. However, readjustment may improve the problem.
I don’t know what’s going on but this new rc that supposed to improved upon sounded flat to my ear. It wasn’t immersive from last algorithm.

If you're noticing any negative changes, can you please submit feedback through the app with all the details so we can get it in front of engineering quick?

Hi Team,

A better way to evaluate the new Room Correction is by starting with bass frequency adjustments. It’s much simpler than adjusting both bass and treble simultaneously. If your previous range was 40~4k Hz, try adjusting it to 20~4k Hz to see if it improves bass performance. Treble adjustments are more speaker-dependent and less influenced by the room, plus users have varying preferences for treble. The update improves treble alignment with your target curve, offering more precise control in the high-frequency range.

View attachment 13182

View attachment 13183

I have noticed that as well. I have to raised the iPhone 16 above my head to compensate anything above 4K. in my nose level it would not compensate above 4K. This was setting 20 to 20k. The previous algorithm you could hear treble sparkle but the new algorithm made it soft.

I have noticed that as well. I have to raised the iPhone 16 above my head to compensate anything above 4K. in my nose level it would not compensate above 4K. This was setting 20 to 20k. The previous algorithm you could hear treble sparkle but the new algorithm made it soft.
Perhaps this is not a bug. I will have to try running RC later with a bandwidth of 1kHz-20kHz. If this corrects correctly, then I believe RC is prioritizing the correction of the lower frequencies.

View attachment 13182

View attachment 13183

Hi Wiimer,

It seems like there’s an app bug causing the wrong range to be sent to the Room Correction algorithm. Could you please send us a feedback ticket so we can troubleshoot this issue? Thank you for your help!

Hi Wiimer,

It seems like there’s an app bug causing the wrong range to be sent to the Room Correction algorithm. Could you please send us a feedback ticket so we can troubleshoot this issue? Thank you for your help!
Yes, I have a lot of other things to do today and will be sending tickets in the evening.

Back