Feature request: volume control with number showing

Wiimaster

It would be very user friendly if the volume control would have plus and minus buttons for changing volume from 0 up to 100.
The current slider to control volume output is somewhat of a hassle to use.
Just tried to lower the volume in my Wiim from 3 to 2, always ended up in 0. :LOL:

I find the included example very intuitive and reminds me of an analog volume knob we all know, the example is the volume control in rAudio.
Also changing volume just the least amount, meaning +1 or -1 is way easier with a plus and minus than with a slider on a touchscreen.

plus to add volume.
minus to decrease volume.
middle button to mute
blue button to slide

2024-09-02_09-09.png

Last edited:
Hi,

Based on your discussion, we plan to introduce the following improvements to our app:
  1. You can now easily adjust the volume slider to any level within the range of 0 to 100.
  2. The volume slider will now increment by 1 unit per tap, instead of 3.
  3. Tapping the volume number next to the slider will bring up a Volume GUI, allowing you to adjust the volume using the slider or the +/- buttons.
We aim to implement and release improvements #1 and #2 in an app update this week or next week. As for #3, our team is currently evaluating the best approach for implementation, so stay tuned for further updates!

Warm Regards,
WiiM Support
Hi, Team

(1) is a so nice update. Personally, (3) is unnecessary. For example, when I want to increase the volume from 90 to 91, I need to tap near the volume number, which I think leads to malfunction.
(If you can get around this by double tap, long press, etc., no problem.)

Thank you.🤗

Hi,

Based on your discussion, we plan to introduce the following improvements to our app:
  1. You can now easily adjust the volume slider to any level within the range of 0 to 100.
  2. The volume slider will now increment by 1 unit per tap, instead of 3.
  3. Tapping the volume number next to the slider will bring up a Volume GUI, allowing you to adjust the volume using the slider or the +/- buttons.
We aim to implement and release improvements #1 and #2 in an app update this week or next week. As for #3, our team is currently evaluating the best approach for implementation, so stay tuned for further updates!

Warm Regards,
WiiM Support

What has been bugging me lately is that when I tap the gear icon on the device card, the Now Playing screen opens. It is not that I have gained weight.

This image shows the effective range of the link icon and the gear icon.
Is there any way to extend the tapping range of the gear icon a little more?
1000002702.jpg

Ideally, this is about the size.
1000002703.jpg

Thank you.🤗

Last edited:
What has been bugging me lately is that when I tap the gear icon on the device card, the Now Playing screen opens. It is not that I have gained weight.

This image shows the effective range of the link icon and the gear icon.
Is there any way to extend the tapping range of the gear icon a little more?
View attachment 11178

Ideally, this is about the size.
View attachment 11179

Thank you.🤗
Hi Wiimer,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused! We will improve this issue as soon as possible.

Warm Regards,
WiiM Support

Is this already included that was just released 2.11.4? If so, how do you adjust the range? I’m still getting step of 3 every time I push iPhone volume button.

So far, only iOS devices have received the Home App update, a few days still to wait for Android devices.
I’m on iOS and update to latest version. Is there setting where you choose how much of jump in volume?

Back