Feedback Needed for the Forums

In part, that's what I was thinking behind the music board, a place where you could share a now playing, and talk about the music/album/artist.

I'm hesitant to start throwing rules on such a large thread, but if you have suggestions I'm all ears. I'd just be worried that adding rules means we then have to have a sheriff to enforce them, which can start taking a fun thread in the wrong direction fast.
Rules? Why rules? The sub forum What Are you....was started a long time ago by one of us. No rules needed. Like it? Join. Don't like it? Ignore it. That's the rule ;)

Hey everyone!

At WiiM, we love getting your feedback to improve the product and our experiences. One of my goals is to revamp our community space, making it more useful and user-friendly for all. Before implementing changes, we'd love your input!

Exploring Ideas​

We're considering a few ways to improve the community forums, such as:

• Simplifying navigation for new and experienced members
  • Restructuring boards for better organization
  • Introducing tagging for advanced search capabilities
  • Updating the layout and design for enhanced functionality

But we want to hear from you! What do you think would make our community space more valuable and enjoyable?

Share Your Ideas​

Take a minute to consider:
  • Board layout or organization improvements
  • Interface or user experience enhancements
  • Community activity suggestions
  • Favorite features from other forums you'd like us to adopt
  • Any other ideas!

Share Your Thoughts​

Reply to this post or send me a DM. Your input will help shape our community's future!
Rather than changing the layout, which, I think, is fine as it is, I think the most useful thing would be to open a permanent sub forum where you would have to play a leading role. What am I talking about? A sub forum called for example WiiM Live. Obviously you are better at finding a better name.;)
What should it do? Simple, scattered throughout all the various sub forums there are a lot of questions regarding features or problems with WiiM that remain unanswered and endless speculations about this or that.
Well, for all these questions you should act as an interpreter at WiiM and give us certain answers, thus ending speculations about the sex of angels

Rather than changing the layout, which, I think, is fine as it is, I think the most useful thing would be to open a permanent sub forum where you would have to play a leading role. What am I talking about? A sub forum called for example WiiM Live. Obviously you are better at finding a better name.;)
What should it do? Simple, scattered throughout all the various sub forums there are a lot of questions regarding features or problems with WiiM that remain unanswered and endless speculations about this or that.
Well, for all these questions you should act as an interpreter at WiiM and give us certain answers, thus ending speculations about the sex of angels
Agree with the role/function. Curious about the sex of angels as well ;)

Most audio-related sites will have genre-specific music threads. As a primarily jazz listener, wading through the inevitable Pink Floyd discussions would bore me to tears, as I’m sure Jazz or Classical discussions would bore the headbangers here.
Agree to an extend but please don't split it into too many categories. The entire purpose for me of that thread is Google things I don't know but looks interesting. Like a physical CD bin in the shop. However not interested in wading through 15 different subtopics.

For me it can be pop/blues/rock/prog/metal/old/new/60/70/80... all together. I just ignore the jazz and classical and I'm fine ignoring that 😂

The biggest improvement to the WiiM forum, would be if WiiM staff/team members would actually reply to questions posted on the forum, especially when they have been tagged into the post in question, rather than just ignore them as they currently do with most of them.

I think that most forum members would appreciate this, I know that I certainly would.

The biggest improvement to the WiiM forum, would be if WiiM staff/team members would actually reply to questions posted on the forum, especially when they have been tagged into the post in question, rather than just ignore them as they currently do with most of them.

I think that most forum members would appreciate this, I know that I certainly would.
Definitely, I tagged all 3 of them non answered. They should give clarity even if the answer is not good. Beside we can’t have answer that is always positive. I have been asking independent peq rc that many want to know and got no answer. They could simply say we’re working on it and may take some time but the public release would be between this and that including possible issues that may arise. That’s the answer the forum wants to know.

Rules? Why rules? The sub forum What Are you....was started a long time ago by one of us. No rules needed. Like it? Join. Don't like it? Ignore it. That's the rule ;)
I started the What Are You Listening To thread and my intention was more background and some narrative not just a screenshot!

Definitely, I tagged all 3 of them non answered. They should give clarity even if the answer is not good. Beside we can’t have answer that is always positive. I have been asking independent peq rc that many want to know and got no answer. They could simply say we’re working on it and may take some time but the public release would be between this and that including possible issues that may arise. That’s the answer the forum wants to know.
Even if they told us the issue they were trying to solve that would be helpful. All we know is that suddenly the subwoofer was removed from independent channel room correction with no explanation. I suspect it could be related to too much bass but it would be good to know.

Even if they told us the issue they were trying to solve that would be helpful. All we know is that suddenly the subwoofer was removed from independent channel room correction with no explanation. I suspect it could be related to too much bass but it would be good to know.
Hi slartibartfast, team

Our apologies for not being clearer earlier. We no longer offer the option to combine a single subwoofer with independent R/L PEQ for room correction because it doesn't yield good results. Adjusting mid to high frequencies differently for the R/L channels while keeping the low frequencies the same doesn't work well. In this case, users can use the Stereo PEQ (same PEQ for both R/L channels). However, independent R/L PEQ for room correction is still available when no subwoofer is connected.

Hope it clarifies why we made the change.

This is what wiim said it doesn’t yield good result.

In General Discussion => Feature Requests there are sub-forums for each family of WiiM products, but there is none for the WiiM Home App. :)

In WiiM Home App there are all kinds of sub-forums for app-specific topics (most of which are getting little to very little attention), but there is none for feature requests. :)

The threads in feature request forums are different because they allow for directly upvoting or downvoting new ideas. You might say I'm obsessed with it, but I absolutely love this feature. ;)

Not sure if XenForo has an option for that but personally I would prefer to show the absolute number of upvotes and downvotes, not just the balance. A total score of +1 could stem from just one upvote or from 101 upvotes and 100 downvotes. Certainly, the second would indicate a much hotter topic. I think it would increase the awareness of this cool feature.

Perhaps it should be another sub forum under Feature Requests?
Well, not just because of me ... but I think that would be a better fit, indeed. So I upvote this idea. 😜

Just looking at the number of threads I voted for makes me feel like an even bigger idiot. Probably these threads simply showed up as new at the time.

There is an inconsistency between the type of some forums, not just votable v non-votable. I often came across that when trying to move posts around and got a warning message whose exact wording I don’t recall…

In WiiM Home App there are all kinds of sub-forums for app-specific topics (most of which are getting little to very little attention), but there is none for feature requests. :)

I think part of the issue is that those subforums only show in the forum list (for me anyway) when you select their dropdown arrow - if they could be made more visible by always being shown, they might get populated with more posts.

Back