first review ( measurements) for...amp pro... Already! :-0

canard

Major Contributor
Thread 'WiiM Amp Pro Streaming Stereo Amplifier Review' https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...-pro-streaming-stereo-amplifier-review.57257/
(we can see the benefit of the efforts on the pffb side even if on simple loads and not more than 8ohm...
and that allows us to clearly realize the particularity of the behavior in fr of this type of approach..These remain very comfortable solutions at low frequencies. less on the way up...
we can encounter much higher loads on the tweeters...
you can now look for speakers like the old kef 104/2 ;-)
(note the modesty of the adc, which is not shocking for this type of product... just for memory...))
;-)

Last edited:
If graphs give you a headache, here’s its conclusion:

“Just about every measurement has subjective assessment of "excellent" showing the company has paid attention to all aspects of the design. It is in every way improved over the original version which warms my heart. :) Functionality is top notch with streaming and sophisticated app support. Price is quite reasonable for all this functionality, power and performance”

a simple "mk2" would have been nice and not, again, a "pro" which of course makes no sense ;-)
a small all-in-one of this type would have benefited in this revision from a headphone output resulting from the efforts on ""l ultra"" ;-)

a simple "mk2" would have been nice and not, again, a "pro" which of course makes no sense ;-)
a small all-in-one of this type would have benefited in this revision from a headphone output resulting from the efforts on ""l ultra"" ;-)
Considering that the amp pro is almost as functional as the Ultra, and that the amp Ultra with display will come next, "pro" is an appropriate name. 🙂

Considering that the amp pro is almost as functional as the Ultra, and that the amp Ultra with display will come next, "pro" is an appropriate name. 🙂
of course not...
and I wasn't any more for the "pro" and "pro plus":cool:
(adding the headphone stage of the ultra would have been a good idea for this type of all-in-one "...mk2" )

Last edited:
What’s in a name, they’re just marketing terms? Maybe they should have called the streamer range John, George, Paul and Ringo, but even then I’m sure we would have had comments about the order 🤣🤣
Yes, you're right. I am not amused...

there is one very positive thing...and a big one...it is that what is probably a pre-series supplied to this reviewer does not seem to have any production problems...

Alternatively, Pen, Pineapple, Apple, Pen.
You can even name PFFB as PPAP. 😁

WiiM Team should send amp pro to Justin Bieber's house.

Some design related issues still remain like increased distortions for higher frequencies or high IMD in CCIF. I'm curious of impedance vs frequency graph.

Some design related issues still remain like increased distortions for higher frequencies or high IMD in CCIF. I'm curious of impedance vs frequency graph.
the attenuated pffb...does not resolve the problem...
and on an extremely simple load...and not exceeding 8ohm whereas we know that it can largely exceed 8ohm etc.

it is the very principle , and limits, of simplifying measures in relation to reality...to allow easy observation....
;-)

Last edited:
Back