Future Update Idea

rickincanada

I’m not sure where we’re supposed to post ideas for the WiiM team, but I’ll post it here absent of a better spot.

When new firmware updates are released, the release notes should be readable during the update process, not just before. As you’re likely aware, no one reads anything and just clicks “Update”, but then we have 5-7 mins of nothing to do; this is the perfect time for us to read all about what you’ve improved/fixed/etc. Just put the release notes beneath the update progress indicator.

I’m not sure where we’re supposed to post ideas for the WiiM team, but I’ll post it here absent of a better spot.

When new firmware updates are released, the release notes should be readable during the update process, not just before. As you’re likely aware, no one reads anything and just clicks “Update”, but then we have 5-7 mins of nothing to do; this is the perfect time for us to read all about what you’ve improved/fixed/etc. Just put the release notes beneath the update progress indicator.
And please indicate for which model the update is applicable. Save me the trouble of walking around to see what's blinking.

And please indicate for which model the update is applicable. Save me the trouble of walking around to see what's blinking.
Press later, then see which devices have a green arrow next to them.
Press that to update.
But yes, showing the device name would be nice.

Last edited:
Ideally, it would be good if as well as getting the update arrow notification on the device tile, if update progress was also shown there rather than a full page taking over the app and preventing you from interacting with your other devices while one is being updated. There’s enough screen estate to allow this.

Back