WiiM Home App v2.9.7 Update - May 13, 2024

Sorry, you are still talking about your stuff from the 1980s, not about "every other audio device on the market". ;)
The majority of my equipment is indeed from the 80s, and older. However a quick browse of new hifi from local websites suggests that the idea of settings being left as they were by default, is indeed still the present position of a majority of audio products.

I would accept this is a reasonable assumption, as many people like things to be left as they found them. If I must listen quietly, I will adjust the volume or just press "muting" for that rare occurrence.

I appreciate that some people might want a default that's lower than the last used volume , but this doesn't warrant imposing a default that can't be disabled on all users.

Do you have your amp volume set higher than 50%? I don't and the new default settings doesn't really affect me.

Not regularly, but it doesn't change principle of what I'm saying, it needs to be off by default.

My relatively new Linn amp has this option which I always use as I’d rather my amp came on at a comfortable volume each morning rather than what I might have left it at the previous day

View attachment 7159 View attachment 7160

That would seem to offer some flexibility
This solution seems fine, because it's up to the user to change if they want it or not.

As I said, the feature should be off by default, not removed entirely.

Funny historical side note: The first device I ever personally owned that would revert to a default volume setting (not configurable, at all) was the original Linn Majik integrated amplifier from 1993 ...

... great looks, incredibly boring and lifeless sound.

If you look at my list of missing features on modern amps, that are common on most my older amps, it's amazing where hifi has been, and it's more amazing where it's going with the WiiM like devices.

Still waiting for update 2.9.7 over here (EU-Belgium). Any idea when it will arrive so I can finally start using my 10 band PEQ?

Edit: it just arrived (y)

Since the update, the automatic input signal detection no longer works
In my experience it never worked properly anyway. It switches when it feels like it. I found if I used it for the optical input (TV in my case) and switched to another input while the TV was still on it would randomly switch back to TV sometimes half an hour later.

WiiM Home app v2.9.8 is now available, this reinstates the shorter standby times that were removed in v2.9.7.
Good news.
Even though I received v2.9.7 my Amp has been operating with the 30 sec. standby that was previously set, but I'm unsure how long that condition will remain.
I'm pleased to see the Wiim Team has reconsidered thier position. And I await v2.9.8

Good news.
Even though I received v2.9.7 my Amp has been operating with the 30 sec. standby that was previously set, but I'm unsure how long that condition will remain.
I'm pleased to see the Wiim Team has reconsidered thier position. And I await v2.9.8
Your 30 seconds setting will remain until you select one of the available settings. I haven't heard anything about 2.9.8 apart from the post here. Does it exist?

This update broke the automatic switching for me, which worked perfectly before. Even if music is not playing via WiFi Streaming, the WiiM Amp still won't switch to HDMI when TV plays sound. This is very annoying since I need to change the input via the app, and can't from the remote

This update broke the automatic switching for me, which worked perfectly before. Even if music is not playing via WiFi Streaming, the WiiM Amp still won't switch to HDMI when TV plays sound. This is very annoying since I need to change the input via the app, and can't from the remote
I have already created a ticket

Back