iOS WiiM Home App v2.10.4 Update and Android WiiM Home App v2.10.5 Update - July 11, 2024

Now we are developing a new player for Tablet/iPad landscape mode and plan to release it in two weeks.

This is excellent.

What’s particularly nice is that there have been comments made my forum members about the limitations of the appearance of the app in landscape mode since it was introduced, which was only about a month ago.

This update would appear to be a direct response to those comments.

Superb, ultra fast from WiiM.

Please review the app update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

iOS Release Notes
v2.10.4

What's New:

1. Room Correction Enhancements:
· Added a sound check step for more accurate room correction.
· Improved the algorithm to detect microphone recording failures and provide better user instructions.
2. NAS Enhancements:
· Display high-quality artwork.
· Correctly show artist names.
3. USB Media Library Optimization:
· Improved scanning process.
· Better organization of albums with the same name but different artists.

Bug Fixes:

1. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes for enhanced overall operation.

Android Release Notes
v2.10.5

What's New:

1. Tablet UI: Enhanced support for tablets, providing an improved user experience.
2. NAS Enhancements: Display high-quality artwork; show the correct artist names.
3. USB Media Library Optimization: Improved the scanning process; better organization of albums for the same album with different artists.

Bug Fixes:

1. Qobuz Logout Issue: Fixed the issue preventing logout from Qobuz.
2. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes to enhance overall operation.
Not sure about the effective utility of the new feature "Added a sound check step for more accurate room correction.".
Any clue?

I have actually found one excellent feature with landscape mode on my Amazon tablet - I’ll try to remember to post pics later.

Rather annoyingly, I can’t currently replicate this.

I managed to get it playing so the album art was on the left of the screen and the lyrics in the right. Looked pretty cool.

If I manage to get it to show like this again, I’ll take pics, though this is probably going to be surplus to requirements with the update WiiM have just announced.

Rather annoyingly, I can’t currently replicate this.

I managed to get it playing so the album art was on the left of the screen and the lyrics in the right. Looked pretty cool.

If I manage to get it to show like this again, I’ll take pics, though this is probably going to be surplus to requirements with the update WiiM have just announced.
Were you in the Amazon Music app instead? Never heard of WiiM being able to access lyrics

Now we are developing a new player for Tablet/iPad landscape mode and plan to release it in two weeks.

It’s great, but really could do with:

1 - Artwork filling the screen’s height on the left, details on the right.
2 - As above, but no details, and artwork central.
3 - Stereo VU meters.
4 - Spectrum analyser.
5 - Visualiser.

I know, I don’t ask for much. :ROFLMAO:

My apologies.

What I did was, I had both apps open on the tablet, generally checking out the new ‘android tablet landscape mode’.

The reason I got confused? I didn’t realise the Amazon app could ever be used in landscape. 🤷‍♂️

My apologies.

What I did was, I had both apps open on the tablet, generally checking out the new ‘android tablet landscape mode’.

The reason I got confused? I didn’t realise the Amazon app could ever be used in landscape. 🤷‍♂️
The amazon app in landscape really annoys me on my ipad as I need to turn it to portrait mode to access 'other controls' that used to be on the now p;aying page. How that got thru design and user testing baffles me...

The amazon app in landscape really annoys me on my ipad as I need to turn it to portrait mode to access 'other controls' that used to be on the now p;aying page. How that got thru design and user testing baffles me...

I’ve not used it enough to comment.

My ideal scenario would be to use the Amazon app on my phone to control everything, and have the WiiM app on the tablet as a display.

I await the the new look (and any possible future updates) with great anticipation.

I have to say, I really preferred the navigation bar the way it was (labels beneath the icons). I suppose this change was done to free up a tiny bit of space in landscape mode, but I can't see any advantage in portrait mode. Perhaps the app could be made to show the new nav bar in landscape mode (labels to the side), but show the previous nav bar in portrait mode. Just a thought.

If you want to see a "now playing" screen with a really well done landscape mode, check out VRadio (an Android app).

Also, I found that the WiiM app causes Nova launcher to crash if I rotate my tablet to landscape mode. Other apps rotate just fine. The Now Playing screen was displayed at the time. I can't say if this is a new problem or not as I rarely ever rotate my tablet.

I use separate folder for each disc.
I assume you mean you use folder browsing as I keep discs stored separately too. I know some people still do that, not many though. It's usually because people don't want to "waste" time tagging, or have a very particular way in which they want to browse which they haven't been able to replicate using other means.

I appreciate having different entry points into my collection to help me choose what to play. It's also MUCH nicer from a presentation perspective, but I know that's secondary to the music.

I assume you mean you use folder browsing as I keep discs stored separately too. I know some people still do that, not many though. It's usually because people don't want to "waste" time tagging, or have a very particular way in which they want to browse which they haven't been able to replicate using other means.

I appreciate having different entry points into my collection to help me choose what to play. It's also MUCH nicer from a presentation perspective, but I know that's secondary to the music.

I’m totally with you. I use different menus for different purposes.

If I think “Which Bowie album should I listen to tonight?” going to folder view and looking at the call folders in the Bowie folder is easily the best way.

Back