Has anyone get the failure of remote control from my new Wiim Ultra ?

Eric Lam

I just bought my first new set of Wiim device - Wiim Ultra connecting to my power Amp. After the remote control connecting to the device, the remote not working. Sometimes I pressed 5-6 times the button response once. But most of the times the remote not working. I replaced the new battery, problem still exists. How can I do?

I just bought my first new set of Wiim device - Wiim Ultra connecting to my power Amp. After the remote control connecting to the device, the remote not working. Sometimes I pressed 5-6 times the button response once. But most of the times the remote not working. I replaced the new battery, problem still exists. How can I do?
Please make sure that there are no interfering objects (other Bluetooth devices or devices that generate 2.4gHz radio waves) in the surrounding area.

If the remote is not working properly even in an interference-free area, please submit a support ticket through the feedback section of the WiiM home app. If it is broken, the support team should be able to take appropriate action.

I sometime notice the remote to be initially unresponsive at the first button press. This is the same with my WiiM Amp and WiiM Ultra. But once a button has been pressed successful all consecutive operations are carried out immediately.

The remote isn’t the best. When I use it to turn the Ultra off it takes a few presses.

I sometime notice the remote to be initially unresponsive at the first button press. This is the same with my WiiM Amp and WiiM Ultra. But once a button has been pressed successful all consecutive operations are carried out immediately.
I see the same. I don't use the remote very often but when I do it annoys me every time. I use it to change input which normally means cycling through the inputs at least twice while trying to determine what colour the LED is and which input it signifies 🤣

The remote isn’t the best. When I use it to turn the Ultra off it takes a few presses.
How long do you wait?
It seems that it takes a good 2-3 secs for my ultra to turn 'off' after I press the button, like it's considering my request!

How long do you wait?
It seems that it takes a good 2-3 secs for my ultra to turn 'off' after I press the button, like it's considering my request!
Exactly. If I am not careful I end up turning it off and on again.
Don’t bother using it for anything else.

I have never had a problem with my WiiM remote. It always responds when I press the buttons. Anytime.🙂

When I press the power button, the Ultra screen goes off instantly and the LED turns off a second later.

I have never had a problem with my WiiM remote. It always responds when I press the buttons. Anytime.🙂

When I press the power button, the Ultra screen goes off instantly and the LED turns off a second later.
I want your remote!

You have too many anyway. 😁

Before I joined thus forum, I reported the case to Amazon, they asked me to refund the whole set of Ultra & remote. Since the shipping cost is high, I just wonder if I buy a new Wiim remote, can the problem totally resolve?

Before I joined thus forum, I reported the case to Amazon, they asked me to refund the whole set of Ultra & remote. Since the shipping cost is high, I just wonder if I buy a new Wiim remote, can the problem totally resolve?
I wouldn't bet on it.

Right now I've been wondering why my remote seemed to be totally unresponsive, just to find that it was unpaired from my WiiM Amp.
IMG_20240815_184802.jpg
The icon was missing.

Did you try to remove the batteries from the remote for ~30 seconds and then redo the pairing procedure according to the manual?

Ok, as I said I found my WiiM Amp's remote to be unpaired today. This was after installing the WiiM Home App version 2.11.1. I'm not saying that there's a causal relationship, could have been by chance.

I paired the remote again and it felt really snappy and responsive. Just switching off the Amp takes a couple of seconds, but that's obviously not related to the remote.

Now, some five hours later, I gave it another try and the remote is workin just as instantly and fast. :) I'll keep an eye on if shutting down the mains power may play a role here.

Back