HDMI Arc issue

Jimbee

When using the arc input from my Panasonic ZT65 plasma and steaming via Roku 4k stick the Ultra takes over the volume from both the TV and Roku remotes. The normal volume on the TV is changed to theater volume? The only way to get my remotes to work properly I have to unplug the Ultra. Then they work fine again.

Not sure what you mean by "takes over the volume". The idea of HDMI ARC with CEC is that the TV's remote can change the Ultra's volume. Once the connection is established there is no such thing as a separate volume of the TV or the Ultra, there's just one combined volume setting.

That's by very design. And it's not WiiM's design, but the HDMI standard.

You can switch off HDMI-CEC Power Control in the Audio Input settings of the WiiM Home App. This might also disable the common volume control, but I never tried it out.

The Ultra is on and idle not being used. The HDMI cable is plugged in the ultra hijacks and takes over any changes with the volume for both remotes. I am just streaming with the Roku watching TV and not using the Ultra. The volume on the TV audio is actually muted and I have no control +-. I have disabled all the auto input sensing, volume control and power control using the app. These functions when disabled do not work as expected the Ultra still wakes when I power on the TV. The only way to get my streaming and TV working correctly I have to power off the Ultra remove the HDMI cable then power the Ultra back on and cycle the power on the TV then the both the TV and Roku remotes work as expected. It is only the volume that is affected all other remote functions work fine. I have removed the HDMI cable and changed the input from the TV to Optical In this so far seems to work fine. I believe there is a problem with HDMI Arc input.

Back