HDMI output for Now Playing on TV

aguzz132

Hi everyone!

I have a suggestion for future versions of the products you've already released (like V2s maybe): consider including an HDMI output so that the Now Playing screen can be displayed on a TV. This is a feature that, for example, the Marantz Cinema 70s has, and I think it would be a great addition that very few products offer. If you could also integrate it with the display of song lyrics, that would be even better.

Gosh....what a line. May be because I have no Amazon account. (Like a relict from stone age?) Anyway, my son gave it to me and I could hold my innocence 😉
You only need to post the URL up to and including the product code I.e. the part before ref= . The rest is garbage ;)

Welcome.

Seeing as its purpose is to accept audio from, for example, a TV then it performs as expected.
It was never intended to be audio or video out.
This wasn't stated clearly anywhere I saw, in fact I remember reading a q&a stating hmdi would be able to use as an ouput. The capabilities of hmdi are serverly limited in not doing so. It's not like hmdi is that new of a technology.

I reckon that getting the WiiM home app running on Android TVs and Apple TV would be more useful and general purpose than doing something via HDMI.

This wasn't stated clearly anywhere I saw, in fact I remember reading a q&a stating hmdi would be able to use as an ouput. The capabilities of hmdi are serverly limited in not doing so. It's not like hmdi is that new of a technology.

Faq has this
Can the HDMI port be used for audio output and will it support Dolby Atmos Music?No, it's HDMI Arc.

Is it possible you are thinking of this?
Both the question and answer are perhaps a little vague, but I read it as can multichannel music coming in via hdmi be processed and played (output) by the ultra, and the answer is yes.
Will the Ultra support multichannel music output on the HDMI port? If not, thats a big miss for a premium productYes, it supports Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.

In conjunction with this it's a little clearer that hdmi is input only.
Will it be possible to route multichannel HDMI input to multichannel USB output (e.g., 5.1 channel)Our system currently supports only two-channel audio for both HDMI input and USB output. However, our team is exploring options to enable multichannel support for routing HDMI input to USB output.

It's also referred to as hdmi arc numerous times, which indicates an input, and certainly no video capability.

I'm hoping you can either forgive the ultra this limitation, find an alternative solution, or find a different device that does what you want.

Hdmi output to get a Now Playing screen is still a compromise - requires yet another cable connection, and forces the user to place the output device close to the TV. What is required is a software solution to easily display the info.

I can do this using LMS & FIRE TV's Silk browser - the TV and the player are at opposite ends of the room - No hdmi cable needed

View attachment 10376
Nad devices let you plug their devices into the hdmi arc port of the tv. The tv will pass audio to the Nad and the Nad will push album info back to the tv through the same cable. Not sure if it is a hardware or software limitation of the wiim.

Last edited:
Back