How to connect Xiami Smart Speaker via WiFi to Wiim Pro Plus using Wiim Home App?

citro

Good afternoon, guys, and I do appologize if this has already been asked and replied before.

I did try and do my homework, but I couldn't find a conclusive answer, so, I thought it would be best to ask the experts, before losing more time in a solution that might not even exist.

This my current use case scenario.

The WiiM Pro Plus is connected to an amplifier which has passive speakers connected to it. This is the main system.
But I want to be able to connect multiple active smart speakers through DLNA to the WiiM Pro Plus, so that I can listen to music in different parts of my house.

I know the Xiaomi Smart Speaker is working properly, as if I use Qobuz App on the phone instead of using WiiM Home App, I just have to click on the dlna mirror stream sign and set it to stream to the Xiaomi Smart Speaker.

Problem is, on the WiiM Home App, I don't see any dlan mirror stream sign, and when I go to devices and try do add a device, the Xiaomi Smart Speaker simply doesn't show.

I also tried to see if it appeared under the audio output choices, but it also doesn't.

I'm starting to think that I can't use the WiiM Home App, and will have to use the Qobuz App instead.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

WiiM devices don’t support casting/sending to DLNA speakers (although they themselves will appear as dlna targets) but such a development will be available in beta testing in a few weeks time.

Thanks a lot for your reply, Brantome... and I'm really glad I asked, because, just as I imagined, it wasn't possible to do what I was after! I think the best bet, at least while the feature isn't available via WiiM Home App, is to keep using the Qobuz App.

Am I correct in thinking that, once that feature is available for testing, it will appear in this sub-forum?

1718706701579.png

Thanks a lot for your reply, Brantome... and I'm really glad I asked, because, just as I imagined, it wasn't possible to do what I was after! I think the best bet, at least while the feature isn't available via WiiM Home App, is to keep using the Qobuz App.

Am I correct in thinking that, once that feature is available for testing, it will appear in this sub-forum?

View attachment 8107
Yeah, I'd imagine that's where WiiM would create a post for a public beta discussion. Hopefully we'll not have too long to wait

Back