How to use RC ?

Have you seen the target yellow line that is flat in the screenshot he shared? By default B&K is selected in official firmware which has -10db slope. Harman has even more downward tilt. Yanto has probably boomy bass due to speaker placement in corners and incorrect sub or subs integration.
Just to confirm. I have Dali Oberon 5 speakers. Positioning is 1.9m apart, 0.8m from back wall and 1.1m from the sidewalls. No subs. My issue, to my ears has always been a high pitched echo, and sometimes harsh upper mid/treble. Never bass boom. I’m not saying that the speakers are perfectly positioned but they are definitely not placed to close to walls etc.2132B202-B84B-4D5E-99C4-3044986D9823.jpeg

Last edited:
Actually to my ears the issue I’ve had ever since building the new house is that the treble can be too imposing, and I experienced a high pitch echo. I can totally understand why people would think it’s a bass issue given the response graph. But that’s not how it sounds, which is why I was thinking I’m doing something wrong when using RC
Do you have any other phones to double check the measured response?

Just to confirm. I have Dali Oberon 5 speakers. Positioning is 1.9m apart, 0.8m from back wall and 1.1m from the sidewalls. No subs. My issue, to my ears has always been a high pitched echo, and sometimes harsh upper mid/treble. Never bass boom. I’m not saying that the speakers are perfectly positioned but they are definitely not placed to close to walls etc.
That measured response can't be right then.

Just to confirm. I have Dali Oberon 5 speakers. Positioning is 1.9m apart, 0.8m from back wall and 1.1m from the sidewalls. No subs. My issue, to my ears has always been a high pitched echo, and sometimes harsh upper mid/treble. Never bass boom. I’m not saying that the speakers are perfectly positioned but they are definitely not placed to close to walls etc.
Your iphone 7 is old and maybe mics are compromised for this use so definitely try with another new iphone if you find the chance

Do you have any other phones to double check the measured response?
Unfortunately not. My ‘newer’ phone is a 2 year old Huawei P30 Pro. I normally stream using a Samsung tablet.
My brother-in-law does have an iPhone 12, so it might be worth asking him.
I’ve been listening to Foreigner’s ‘4’ album whilst doing this and it just sounds way too thin, no body, voices piercing. I’ve switched to some Beethoven String Quartets now and it’s perfectly fine.

That measured response can't be right then.
Yes which is why I was thinking I’m doing something wrong. I’ve tried another scan with the microphone pointing down instead of directly at the speakers and it’s exactly the same again. I did reset everything.

Yes which is why I was thinking I’m doing something wrong. I’ve tried another scan with the microphone pointing down instead of directly at the speakers and it’s exactly the same again. I did reset everything.
There isn't anything covering the mic is there? Unlikely but you never know.

Try to install the free Housecurve App. With this you can measure your curve again and compaire with WiiM's. But I think there is something wrong with your iPhone.
I’ve actually tried numerous times to get HouseCurve but it requires iOS 16 minimum and my iPhone 7, although up to date, doesn’t support that

My biggest benefit of the RC is boosting a dip between 115 and 250 Hz. This has a huge (!) impact on the overall sound, because this is the fundamental range of male voices and many instruments. Now the overall sound is much fuller, more present and warmer. I would never have expected such a positive effect!

Based on the article above (about Schroeder frequencies), I only corrected in a narrow range between 95 and 600 Hz. I left out the lower bass range deliberately, as this is covered by my subwoofer and I prefer a non-linear increase in the bass level there. Perhaps not the best solution for audiophiles. But I like it that way ..

Attachments

• IMG_4588.jpeg
    IMG_4588.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 16
My biggest benefit of the RC is boosting a dip between 115 and 250 Hz. This has a huge (!) impact on the overall sound, because this is the fundamental range of male voices and many instruments. Now the overall sound is much fuller, more present and warmer. I would never have expected such a positive effect!

Based on the article above (about Schroeder frequencies), I only corrected in a narrow range between 95 and 600 Hz. I left out the lower bass range deliberately, as this is covered by my subwoofer and I prefer a non-linear increase in the bass level there. Perhaps not the best solution for audiophiles. But I like it that way ..
What curve setting did you choose?

I would still try a run from 20Hz to 600Hz. It might turn out even better, as bass is then included seamlessly without overlaps (which was my case). You still can go back or boost frequencies where you want manually a bit in PEQ…

Did you adjust Subwoofer phase or time delay? So far I've only switched between 0 and 180 degrees phase which does make a big difference but is unlikely to be the best setting.
I first adjusted the Phase - mine is set at 0 deg it’s usually quite obvious and then Time Delay i have 3 ms. There is also an online calculator, i can’t recall the link, but you put in the physical distances from Mains and sub to listening position Crossover etc it was remarkably similar it said 2.5ms

I first adjusted the Phase - mine is set at 0 deg it’s usually quite obvious and then Time Delay i have 3 ms. There is also an online calculator, i can’t recall the link, but you put in the physical distances from Mains and sub to listening position Crossover etc it was remarkably similar it said 2.5ms
My sub is sitting next to the main right speaker so maybe I'll get away with playing with phase.

Back