How to use RC ?

Harman and restriction to 3db and q left at 10 max range 40-4k better than before . Volume 95% . Great result I think. Test was run with 100% volume. Crystal clear sound with body and bass while mids and treble retained smoothness at all levels

Attachments

• IMG_1029.png
    IMG_1029.png
    851 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1028.png
    IMG_1028.png
    884.2 KB · Views: 31
What external mic can be use on iPhone? Any recommendation and will wiim app support it?

I am beginning to REALLY like that❣️😃

I intensially gave the subs more load (increased the amplification and the crossover frequency) - therefore RC corrected the levels down agan, which means now, less load in the low registers for my ProAc D15s! These are great speakers, but what can you expect from a 16cm driver that is responsible for mids AND bass?!
NOW, with this setup, the soundstage is even broader and deeper, with more clarity in both bass and mids! And this even at higher volume!

Fantastic! 🤩

Harman and restriction to 3db and q left at 10 max range 40-4k better than before . Volume 95% . Great result I think. Test was run with 100% volume. Crystal clear sound with body and bass while mids and treble retained smoothness at all levels
Are you using your device as preamp or you have it connected on external dac?

I ran this RC now only twice on 2 different sweetspots.

Wow. First attempts sound fantastic. Never heard my gear like that.

Considering an external Mic and will further play around with it. But already really impressed.

I ran this RC now only twice on 2 different sweetspots.

Wow. First attempts sound fantastic. Never heard my gear like that.

Considering an external Mic and will further play around with it. But already really impressed.
It needs some time and playing with the different values. But all have been mentioned already…
I was very sceptical at first… 😉
👍🏻

Last edited:
I am using wiim pro plus as a transport and optical out to the internal dac of my Roksan attessa integrated amplifier
Could be, that the WiiM DAC is „better“ than the one in your Amp! I had an expensive external DAC, that I chose deliberately for its good performance. I was positively amazed about the DAC in WiiM Pro+! I do not use the external DAC anymore…

Next update that was included on 6/15 was separate left and right eq, usb out for amp and dlna cast.

Could be, that the WiiM DAC is „better“ than the one in your Amp! I had an expensive external DAC, that I chose deliberately for its good performance. I was positively amazed about the DAC in WiiM Pro+! I do not use the external DAC anymore…
Question we have as we know their different chipset. Is ess chipset on ultra superior on pro plus akm?

Question we have as we know their different chipset. Is ess chipset on ultra superior on pro plus akm?
I cannot say. I don‘t think so! In my view it does not need higher resolution than 192kHz. Also 96kHz is already enough! The differences get extremely small… It is also essential how the chipset is embedded in the overall architecture…

PS: as a comparison: the impact on the soundstage with/without this RC is in my case similar to let’s say going from MP3 to 96kHz High-Res… 😮
So the difference inbetween an excellent DAC implementation and in even better DAC is getting minor…

Back to RC: I will need to check out what my soundstage looks like now with Hi-Res. Until know I just checked with Spotify quality…

I was debating with myself for long time using chord interlinks for the Wiim dac . But in the end I settled with the internal of Attessa due to more weight and impact on bass more sense of space and in general more realistic to me sound . Not big difference but enough

I was debating with myself for long time using chord interlinks for the Wiim dac . But in the end I settled with the internal of Attessa due to more weight and impact on bass more sense of space and in general more realistic to me sound . Not big difference but enough
It’s also a matter of personal taste and dependent on your speakers, placement and room… 👍🏻

I cannot say. I don‘t think so! In my view it does not need higher resolution than 192kHz. Also 96kHz is already enough! The differences get extremely small… It is also essential how the chipset is embedded in the overall architecture…

PS: as a comparison: the impact on the soundstage with/without this RC is in my case similar to let’s say going from MP3 to 96kHz High-Res… 😮
So the difference inbetween an excellent DAC implementation and in even better DAC is getting minor…

Back to RC: I will need to check out what my soundstage looks like now with Hi-Res. Until know I just checked with Spotify quality…
Up until last night when I saw the green arrow up meaning update is available to download. I wasn’t expecting because my experienced on RC beta was disappointing. So, as usual follow the the direction on app. Wiim made an improvement on algorithm on official RC. Prior to RC correction, music was thick and knew there was midrange bump somewhere but after running RC it corrected the bump and now sound balanced from top to bottom. There was also increased on depth which I truly like. Now, I’m curious if external mic would take measurements to extreme accuracy which I’m willing to buy just to get the maximum performance.

Are you suppose to hear a sound when doing RC, I got nothing. ipad, sound is working for video and music.

Back