Internet Radio no Song Information

Bert Pieke

I listen to KING FM 98.1 Classical on my aging Logitech Squeezebox and get visual title and artist information on the currently playing music.

On the Wiim Amp, I can listen to the radio station OK, but it just shows the radio station and no metadata... Is there a way to make this visible?

Hi,
What service are you using to play this radio station?
E.g. TuneIn, vTuner, network stream ?

Have you got an LMS server? If so use the Squeezelite client in the Amp with that and you should see metadata as you do on your Squeezebox

You can find King FM 98.1 on the vTuner service as well and the Wiim app displays textual song info

You can find King FM 98.1 on the vTuner service as well and the Wiim app displays textual song info
I need a hand here... Yes, I can find King FM on the vTuner website.. but how do I set it up on the Wiim Amp?
Update: I found vTuner in the Wiim Home app, and yes, I get the Text! Thanks!

Last edited:
Have you got an LMS server? If so use the Squeezelite client in the Amp with that and you should see metadata as you do on your Squeezebox
I have heard about a Squeezelite client for the Wiim Amp.. but where do I find it?

Can you? I can't. Maybe due to geo-blocking.
OK, searching for classical king fm 98.1 instead of classic king 98.1 does the trick for me, too. :p Looks like vTuner's search is not very tolerant.

I need a hand here... Yes, I can find King FM on the vTuner website.. but how do I set it up on the Wiim Amp?
On the Browse tab of the WiiM Home App scroll to Music Services. If vTuner is not visible yet, click on Manage and enable vTuner.
Tap on vTuner and hit the search icon in the top right.
Search for: king fm 98.1
You should see one search result.

Tap on the result to instantly start playback.
Hit the 3 dot menu to the right of the search result to mark this station as a favorite and/or add it as one of your 12 presets.

Last edited:
I have heard about a Squeezelite client for the Wiim Amp.. but where do I find it?
If your WiiM amp is on same network as LMS look inside LMS and you should find it.

Default skin. Top right dropdown
Material skin. Top left click on the player shown and more should appear

If your WiiM amp is on same network as LMS look inside LMS and you should find it.

Default skin. Top right dropdown
Material skin. Top left click on the player shown and more should appear
OK.. I have the Logitech Media Server Control Panel on my PC.
Tabs: Status, Library, Account, Advanced, Diagnostics, Information... where to from here?
aYbRPYn.jpeg

Have a look at Status in the LMS Control Panel. That should tell you if it’s running and/or on a non standard port no

Doesn't vTuner solve the problem without any further hassle? Just add the station as a vTuner favorite or a WiiM preset (or both) and you're done.

According to vTuner's station search the stream is limited to 131 kB/s MP3. But since at least what's playing on Classical's website is only 128 kB/s AAC I wouldn't worry about that (unless you know a secret much higher quality streaming URL).

classical king fm98.1 vTuner.jpg

The stream available via LMS RadioNet plugin is 128kbps AAC and does carry metadata

Does it contain cover art or pictures? If not I still wouldn't mind the extra effort. The stream available through vTune carries text based metadata as well.

Back