iPhone mic room correction

timfrommass

So the instructions for the ultra says to point the mic towards the speakers for room correction. My iPhone 13 Pro has a front mic on the notch if the screen, a rear mic, and bottom mic. Which is in use for the calibration process?

thanks for that info! The instructions say to point your mic towards the speakers. The visual instructions show the mic pointing up towards the ceiling. Would the later be the correct positioning?

I think it's been mentioned before that visual instructions may be 'misleading'.
Try both, see if there's any difference in the results.

Isn‘t that cleat enough? Most of the iphones just have 1 mic, and it‘s atthe bottom…
I think all iPhones after X (so most in use currently) have multiple mics, so no.

The second part of my question, which you only partially quoted for some reason, is that the visual instructions are different from the verbal instructions.

I think it's been mentioned before that visual instructions may be 'misleading'.
Try both, see if there's any difference in the results.
I’d rather just know the correct way, haha. I would think that someone from Wiim could provide definitive clarity

I think all iPhones after X (so most in use currently) have multiple mics, so no.

The second part of my question, which you only partially quoted for some reason, is that the visual instructions are different from the verbal instructions.

Well, you don‘t have to listen, but then don‘t ask!

thanks for that info! The instructions say to point your mic towards the speakers. The visual instructions show the mic pointing up towards the ceiling. Would the later be the correct positioning?
The graphic instructions are okay. It shows that you should hold the phone flat, with the microphone facing the speakers. The arrow indicates which side the microphone should be on. Everything is obvious, where is the ceiling indicated there? RC on the iPhone works quite well.

Back