Issues with Home Music Share

Jabbawocky

Hi all,

Newbie here. I recently bought a pro plus in order for it to double up as a CD jukebox. It’s wired up to a Music Fidelity amp (RCA), and in turn to a pair of Linn Kellidh speakers. I am using a WD My Cloud NAS with 4 TB of storage. I have yet to rip CDs to the NAS, though as a test I’ve downloaded 5 CDs onto a USB stick which has been uploaded to the NAS and are easily located. However, when it comes to my Pro Plus communicating with the NAS via Home Music Share, all I get is “searching for your media server.” Both are in a short range of each other and use the same network.
Any advice please?

I got mine primarily to use plex on my TV and music on my volumio Pi4 - it worked really well for that but my (now deceased) Denon AVR couldn't see the music on it (I suspect due to it not supporting DLNA) which was annoying.
I believe the older models in this line came with the Twonky DLNA server, but that's been removed as it's no longer developed. It's strange that they're shipping with a stripped down version of Plex without DLNA support.

I believe the older models in this line came with the Twonky DLNA server, but that's been removed as it's no longer developed. It's strange that they're shipping with a stripped down version of Plex without DLNA support.
DLNA has to be switched on in Plex. Its off by default.
From the web interface on 32400 click the Spanner/Wrench at top right
Then on the left scroll down until you see DLNA

I've got a Plex instance and have DLNA configured.
In this instance I'm choosing to believe the posters that have said it's not there on MyCloud version, as hard as that is to believe ;)

I’ve got the spanner symbol at the top but when I click on it and see the various options DLNA isn’t there for some reason

I’ve got the spanner symbol at the top but when I click on it and see the various options DLNA isn’t there for some reason
I stand corrected.
It seems that the version of Plex available on WD Cloud has been modified to remove DLNA support.
If you are now considering returning the WD Cloud I would suggest you look at Synology or QNAP. Both come with their own built in Media Server (may need switching on) that should work with Home Music Share out of the box.
Both will let you install full alternatives such as Minimserver or Plex or a whole host of other compatible media server software.

When you connect to plex server as described by d6jg then in the browser scroll down the menu on the left. There should be a DLNA entry

1716643713905.png

Just read d6jg 's last post. My screenshot is from Plex server running on Windows 11. It would be odd but not impossible for DLNA to be removed from specific implementations

Back