LMS Eq

Slowly it mutates into a job creation scheme. An answer comes, a new bit of information follows. And of course a new thread.

Slowly it mutates into a job creation scheme. An answer comes, a new bit of information follows. And of course a new thread.
I'm very sorry. But is it possible receiving an answer about EQ? A friend told me "yes", but when I asked How to, no reply

Yeah, for me, EQ/PEQ is pretty much set it and forget it, so even if you wanted to major on the use of LMS and the Material skin for your day to day usage, I’d still set the EQ/PEQ once in the WiiM Home app.

I get the feeling the OP is in incoming information overload mode, and perhaps needs to stand back a little and take in all the information they’ve been given and decide a gradual route forward.

PEQ. Basically more advanced EQ features.

EQ is generic bass , treble roll off, or old school graphic EQ function

PEQ allow you to set frequency, cut/boost, and Q width
Thank you. Just what I'm looking for

Here. For some reason it's not allowing to load plugin, I've tried each one, and restarted. They used to work.

They did seem buggy in the past, I think it loses PEQ settings under certain circumstances

Attachments

• eq.jpg
    eq.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 2
At the risk of being ridiculed, I’d like to set the Wiim equalizer to eliminate the need for a Bose 901 equalizer.

The high and low boosts are pretty extreme, around 15 dB at 35 and 15,000, depending on the Bose series, but the curves are simple. Worst case, three parametric channels.

Since the Ultra is basically a preamp, my existing amp would handle the load.

15 dB sounds like it would require huge amounts of power, but in practice, most of the output of music is in the midrange.

Also, I don’t listen at lease breaking levels.

At the risk of being ridiculed, I’d like to set the Wiim equalizer to eliminate the need for a Bose 901 equalizer.
Sounds like a smart idea to me.

The high and low boosts are pretty extreme, around 15 dB at 35 and 15,000, depending on the Bose series, but the curves are simple. Worst case, three parametric channels.

Since the Ultra is basically a preamp, my existing amp would handle the load.

15 dB sounds like it would require huge amounts of power, but in practice, most of the output of music is in the midrange.
LMS EQ is obviously not the answer, if the existing plugins currently don't support PEQ.

WiiM PEQ is currently limited to a gain range from -12 dB to + 12 dB, so there is no direct way of entering a 15 dB boost. But that's not as much of a limitation as it seems, it might just require a little extra work. Massive boost incorporates a risk of clipping in the digital domain, irrespective of the amplifier power. It might be advisable to turn the logic around. Apply no more than 3 dB boost for bass and treble, combined with a matching -12 dB filter (or two) for the mids.

LMS EQ is obviously not the answer, if the existing plugins currently don't support PEQ.

WiiM PEQ is currently limited to a gain range from -12 dB to + 12 dB, so there is no direct way of entering a 15 dB boost. But that's not as much of a limitation as it seems, it might just require a little extra work. Massive boost incorporates a risk of clipping in the digital domain, irrespective of the amplifier power. It might be advisable to turn the logic around. Apply no more than 3 dB boost for bass and treble, combined with a matching -12 dB filter (or two) for the mids.
Could be a great idea. I’m hoping to get an Ultra for Christmas. I don’t do loud I haven’t stressed an amp for decades, but I hadn’t considered what could happen in the digital arena. I wonder if there’s some way to predict this happening.

LMS EQ does support PEQ. I think the author is currently in the process of rewriting the SqueezeDSP plugin to include L/R PEQ.

Back