Looking for a small AMP for my tower speakers

Flake

Hi guys !

I am searching the Web for 2 days now and i can't be sure of that : Will WiiM Amp be enough strong to drive Focal Chora 826 ?

These speakers got these caracs :
Reccomanded power : de 40 W à 250 W
Sensitivity : 91 dB
Nominal impedance : 8 ohms
Minimum impedance : 2,9 ohms

My room is like that :
1726951603367.png

It's not that big, and i just wanna listen music to 80-90dB max.

The point that attract me, is how it seems easy to use. Got an Onkyo 696 that i sold because to complicated to use for my wife.

Thanks for answer !

Hi guys !

I am searching the Web for 2 days now and i can't be sure of that : Will WiiM Amp be enough strong to drive Focal Chora 826 ?

These speakers got these caracs :
Reccomanded power : de 40 W à 250 W
Sensitivity : 91 dB
Nominal impedance : 8 ohms
Minimum impedance : 2,9 ohms

My room is like that :
View attachment 11977

It's not that big, and i just wanna listen music to 80-90dB max.

The point that attract me, is how it seems easy to use. Got an Onkyo 696 that i sold because to complicated to use for my wife.

Thanks for answer !
Hi, welcome.😄

I love my Focal speakers and have a Chorus 706, Chorus 716, and Chora 806. I don't know if this will help you since the 716 is the only floorstander, but my WiiM amp drives these speakers without any problems.

But this is my subjective opinion and I don't know how you would feel. I should also add that I use subwoofers with all my speakers.

I also recently purchased the KEF speakers for reference. They sound very good, but I still prefer the Focal. (Sorry for the digression...)

By the way, where do you place your speakers in that room? And what is your input source?

Edit: According to measurements, the minimum impedance of the Chorus 716 is 4.6 ohms, so it probably should not be placed alongside your Chora 826. You may need someone else's sound advice.

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks for this answer !

The speakers are located near the TV and in front of the sofa.

I mainly use Deezer HiFi and tv. My GF doesnt care about having a great Sound for movies but for musical this is important to me.

I see the Amp as a first step to use my speakers again then why not switch to a « better » amp and a wiim ultra

Hi

Thanks for this answer !

The speakers are located near the TV and in front of the sofa.

I mainly use Deezer HiFi and tv. My GF doesnt care about having a great Sound for movies but for musical this is important to me.

I see the Amp as a first step to use my speakers again then why not switch to a « better » amp and a wiim ultra
Thanks for the advice. 😉

What do you consider a "better amp"?

I have several D-class amps and AVRs (though not expensive). And I have an Ultra.

Personally, I haven't noticed a huge difference between the WiiM amp and the Ultra+amp. I don't have golden ears, so no problem with the WiiM amp. 😂

Thanks for the advice. 😉

What do you consider a "better amp"?

I have several D-class amps and AVRs (though not expensive). And I have an Ultra.

Personally, I haven't noticed a huge difference between the WiiM amp and the Ultra+amp. I don't have golden ears, so no problem with the WiiM amp. 😂
When I say better amp I mean an amp who can go louder but it will depend on how wiim amp drive my speaker ahah

(Sorry for my bad english if there is grammar mistakes 😂)

Back