My music list

Beemer

I use a QNAP NAS, minimserver and WiiM streamer. When I use the WiiM app, e.g. to view Artists list the display always starts at 'A'. This means that I have to scroll through hundreds of lines to get further in the alphabet. (searching for a starting letter does not work) In other words there is no way to select a starting letter to move quickly to other artists. Is this a limitation of minimserver, or of the WiiM app?

It's a limitation of the current WiiM app that will hopefully be addressed in future.
If you have a MinimServer license you can instruct it to present a subsetting alphabetical index using the alphaGroup settings.

If you have a specific artist in mind you can use the search functionality.

If you're not bound to the WiiM app you could try BubbleUPnP (Android) or mconnect (iOS).

Last edited:
The WiiM Mini/Pro is predominantly an endpoint for use with external apps e.g. Qobuz, Spotify, UPnP control points e.t.c., and in my eyes you'll always have a better UX if you treat it that way.
Over time the WiiM Home app is improving and maybe one day it'll be able to match them, but certainly not yet.

BubbleUPnP is by far the best control point out there but the initial display can be a little busy, so I recommend making the following changes:
Code:
    More > Settings > Library:
        Enable 'Track number'
        Whilst you're here you can also disable (if you're not going to use them) from the 'Virtual folders' section: