New ultra has HDMI ground loop

Vegas

Got a Ultra today , for the bedroom system , hooked it up and as soon as I connected the HDMI cable from TV’s hdmi arc port to
the Ultra’s HDMI input I got a humming noise …. Ground loop . The noise goes away when the hdmi cable is disconnected. Any suggestions ? Possible faulty hdmi input on the Ultra?

I tried 3 different cables.
All equipment is plugged in to the same outlet. PS Audio S300 amp , Salk speakers , Sony TV , Dish Network.

My Eversolo DMP A8 doesn’t have this issue , although it is in a different room / system.

Thanks

Bk

Welcome.

Swap the ultra and a8 - still the same issue on the ultra? (Or try the tv into the a8)

Just wondering, is the hum audible from the ultra headphone out too? (Turn it down first.)
If so, still audible if the ultra isn't connected to the amp?

Basically, unplug everything then start attaching things / turning them on until the hum comes back.
By "the same outlet" I'm assuming some sort of power strip. Got another one to try?
Good luck!

Swap the ultra and a8 - still the same issue on the ultra?
That's some reasonable advice. :)

Just wondering, is the hum audible from the ultra headphone out too? (Turn it down first.)
If so, still audible if the ultra isn't connected to the amp?

Basically, unplug everything then start attaching things / turning them on until the hum comes back.
By "the same outlet" I'm assuming some sort of power strip. Got another one to try?
And some more of that.

Back