WiiM Home App on Windows and MAC

While I had decent success with v0.1.5, neither v0.1.6 nor v0.1.7 will operate for more than 15 seconds without self-terminating (no visible error, just closes its window). It enumerates my devices (3) and the local home music server (the laptop on which it is running), and will even switch display "windows" based on mouse action (before it summarily closes). Apparently, some background action is failing. Where are any logfiles kept??

When I click on the ? on the screen, the folder containing WiiM Home session log files open on my computer.

Just installed the new version on my MacBook M2, but I must be missing something as there seems to be no USB input option on the Ultra!. I do have an USB drive connected which shows up on the IOS app. Have rebooted the Ultra to no avail?. Re-Installed the IOS version for now.

Last edited:
Just installed the new version on my MacBook M2, but I must be missing something as there seems to be no USB input option on the Ultra!. I do have an USB drive connected which shows up on the IOS app. Have rebooted the Ultra to no avail?. Re-Installed the IOS version for now.
It's software in beta status ... :)

Hi there... I just tried out the latest beta (0.1.7) and all I get is a black screen showing:

LINKPLAY
Enjoy your audio content easily
Please make sure your wi-fi network is the same as your device.

I have 4 WiiM devices... they're all on the same network as my windows laptop (Win 11 24H2). My Android app has no problem seeing the devices, again on the same wi-fi network. I am using a Google Nest Wi-Fi Pro mesh network.

Don't see much about this issue in the forums. Has anyone run across this, or know how to get around this?

Thanks in advance for your help!
I'm getting same problem with 1.7, didn't have this with earlier Betas. Only thought I have is that Wiim pro plus in on ethernet and Windows laptop is on wifi?

Edit - I just tried installing 1.3 (only other version I had available) which used to work but now gives same problem). I'll check my anti virus next.

Edit - It was Bitdefender causing the problem - I had to uninstall it

Last edited:
Home app on Win11 laptop works okay, but reads tags strange. I even edited the tags and still many of my albums are spread out.
It seems to be using the first artist from the artist tag to define albums.
I assume you have embedded artwork as it doesn't appear to be picking up external.

It seems to be using the first artist from the artist tag to define albums.
I assume you have embedded artwork as it doesn't appear to be picking up external.

All my music has a cover.jpg and also embedded as far as i know. The Lana Del Rey album I bought and the tags seemed fine, so before posting this I used TagScanner and tagged it with discogs, and manually removed the "Feat." artists from the title tags, still a broken album with any view I could find.

The Artist tag on all tracks is Lana Del Rey

Last edited:
manually removed the other artists from the title tag, still a broken album with any view I could find.
I assume you mean artist not title tag?
Admittedly I tested this on a clean install, I didn't check if the rescan process was effective.

EDIT: I've just noticed your edit.

Last edited:
I'm definitely seeing the split by first artist as you can see:

WHA.jpg

With the order of artists as defined by MusicBrainz: https://musicbrainz.org/release/a11d6ca1-d3bc-424f-9403-e3aecfa1ca09

In fact I don't even see the additional artists under the Artists category, so I don't think it reads them at all.

From your first WHA screenshot it appears that your Artist tag was set to 'Lana Del Ray feat. Father John Misty' (not multivalue), which would explain why it was a separate "album".

Either way it's broken as it should be using AlbumArtist.

Last edited:
I'm definitely seeing the split by first artist as you can see:

View attachment 11365

With the order of artists as defined by MusicBrainz: https://musicbrainz.org/release/a11d6ca1-d3bc-424f-9403-e3aecfa1ca09

In fact I don't even see the additional artists under the Artists category, so I don't think it reads them at all.

From your first WHA screenshot it appears that your Artist tag was set to 'Lana Del Ray feat. Father John Misty' (not multivalue), which would explain why it was a separate "album".

Either way it's broken as it should be using AlbumArtist.

The only place I could see any reference to feat. artist was in the Title tag in () and I manually removed all those. still comes up as a split album. I didn't see feat. in the Artist tag?

I may start using just the Artist tag only for my Classical music and leave out the AlbumArtist

The only place I could see any reference to feat. artist was in the Title tag in () and I manually removed all those. still comes up as a split album. I didn't see feat. in the Artist tag?
The Artist tag is displayed below the Album tag in the album listing. If it were displaying the Title tag surely you'd see the name of the song too, not just the contents between the brackets?

When I'm in any doubt I'll dump out the raw values:
Code:
Format-Hex -Path filename.flac -Count 2048
The above code needs Powershell 7.

You might want to start with a clean state by deleting the existing database from your user folder: AppData\Local\com.linkplay.wiimhome\beets\musiclibrary.db

Last edited:
The Artist tag is displayed below the Album tag in the album listing. If it were displaying the Title tag surely you'd see the name of the song too, not just the contents between the brackets?

When I'm in any doubt I'll dump out the raw values:
Code:
Format-Hex -Path filename.flac -Count 2048
The above code needs Powershell 7.

You might want to start with a clean state by deleting the existing database from your user folder: AppData\Local\com.linkplay.wiimhome\beets\musiclibrary.db

I deleted the musiclibrary.db and it took quite a while to recreate, but the album in question is correct now!

I doubt i will go though all the albums that are not correct, I think they will fix this in future version. Looking for DLNA server that will support my DSD64 so I can play them.

there is a "rescan" feature, I guess sort of a refresh that may be worth trying in the future?

All I know is the references to the feat. artist I removed were in the Title tag, after rebuilding db now one album.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where the Wiim app on windows stores the "My Library" info (albums, etc)?

I deleted some albums but they are still visible in 'My Library" incl . the album art. Rescan did not fix this
I have the same issue on Mac, can’t for the life of me find where to delete them.

Back