WiiM Home App v2.10.7 Update - Jul 24, 2024

I updated the iOS WiiM Home App today.
According to WiiM, there should be a icon in the upper right corner of the Home Music Share page. I can only see all the UPNP connections and now icon to add a samba share. I have the current firmware on my mini and the NAS is a Synology.

I updated the iOS WiiM Home App today.
According to WiiM, there should be an icon in the upper right corner of the Home Music Share page. I can only see all the UPNP connections and now icon to add a samba share. I have the current firmware on my mini and the NAS is a Synology.
I don’t think the mini’s firmware has been updated to support Samba yet. It’s on its roadmap, so hopefully will get it soon.

In my opinion, there should be a separate functionality for evaluating, displaying and saving (maybe to the foto album) the frequency response.
This should be doable first and/or after RC or, more in general, in every moment in order to evaluate also custom EQ etc.
Yes, yes , yes! See post #6

Like many others, machine name is NOT working but IP address is. It works fine on other machines so assuming it's a Wiim issue with DNS.
In WiiM Device Network Status Setup, do you have "Preferred DNS Server" Enabled?? IPv6 Enabled??
If the former, is the listed DNS Address that for Google's 8.8.8.8, or for your Home Router?? Local Machine Names aren't propagated to Google DNS. (And while IPv6 makes complications to DNS Resolution, I've no direct experience or need - so always Off)

Please review the app update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

iOS Release Notes
v2.10.7

What's New:

1. Support for Samba Shared Folders: Browse and play music directly from your shared folders.
2. Improved Indexing on Windows Media Player NAS Server: Experience faster and more efficient access to shared content from Windows Media Player.
3. Detailed Settings for Slave Devices: View full setting information for connected slave devices.
4. Enhanced Room Correction: Includes a new step to evaluate and display the effectiveness of room correction, showing actual results.
5. UI Improvements:
- Displays the account name of signed-in music services on the Browse page.
- Enhances the now-playing page for a better user experience.
6. Device Discovery Improvement: Introduces a new troubleshooting process to improve device discovery.
7. Per-Channel EQ (Beta): Customize Parametric EQ settings individually for each channel. Available in the upcoming beta firmware.

Android Release Notes (Under review by Google Play)
v2.10.7

What's New:

1. Improved Indexing on Windows Media Player NAS Server: Experience faster and more efficient access to shared content from Windows Media Player.
2. Detailed Settings for Slave Devices: View full setting information for connected slave devices.
3. UI Improvements:
- Displays the account name of signed-in music services on the Browse page.
- Enhances the now-playing page, including a specific layout for Tablet landscape mode.
- Enhances the playlist, artist, and album pages for Tablet landscape mode.
4. Device Discovery Improvement: Introduces a new troubleshooting process to improve device discovery.
5. Per-Channel EQ (Beta): Customize Parametric EQ settings individually for each channel. Available in the upcoming beta firmware.

Bug Fixes:

1. Samba Login Issue: Fixed a problem where users couldn't log in if their username or password had special characters.
CONGRATULATIONS to the WiiM development team. I am so excited to work with a company who develops and improves their software faster than every 17 years. I am confident that with WiiM listening to their users and making improvements regularly, will quickly win over a large part of the networked streamer market (especially Multi Room!)

Again thanks for listening to your customers WiiM!

Jeff

In WiiM Device Network Status Setup, do you have "Preferred DNS Server" Enabled?? IPv6 Enabled??
If the former, is the listed DNS Address that for Google's 8.8.8.8, or for your Home Router?? Local Machine Names aren't propagated to Google DNS. (And while IPv6 makes complications to DNS Resolution, I've no direct experience or need - so always Off)
Preferred DNS server is off (8.8.8.8 is greyed out). If it uses the router, that's what it's currently set to. But it should be checking the local network and finding it - it's not a remote server. It also has a static IP. Only the Wiim has troubles finding it.
IP6 is not enabled as I don't use it, and it's also disabled in multiple places.

Not sure if it was in this release or a (recent) prior one, but the app now works on Chromebooks (as an Android app). I hope it was intentional and you're just keeping it somewhat un-publicized for a while... vs. being inadvertent. It seems to work perfectly.
That's a really helpful enhancement. Thank you!

Back