Odd issue where saved PEQ settings get changed by just opening Audio settings

Schmidlapper

I have submitted a help ticket and feedback on this repeatable issue with a video showing it happening. After editing a PEQ I saved the settings it has separate left and right settings. I opened audio settings to verify that the master volume setting was correct, when I returned I noticed said I was using a custom PEQ setup instead of the one I had created, called test. When I reselected the correct settings I noticed that the left channel settings were now just copies of the right channels. I fixed the channel and saved it again and verified that the changes were made and where holding, they were. Thinking maybe this was a one off I again opened the audio settings page and again when I returned it showed a custom PEQ, results were the same. This was quite frustrating as it takes awhile to manually re enter 10 lines of settings and it leaves me constantly wondering what if something else has changed. WiiM support asked me to make a video of the issue and I easily was able to replicate the results. I just opened EQ settings and saved the current settings with a new name , then opened Audio settings and it did it again, but this time it affected both the test settings and the original settings I copied. Here are some other factors, music has always been playing when I have attempted it, there has always been another saved set of settings at the top of the list which hasn’t been affected. I don’t know if either of those have any bearing on the issue. I have had to redo the settings often enough that I'm not keen to do more tests. As a matter of principle I expect saved settings to not change on their own, especially due to random navigation. If no one can replicate the results that is fine, I have my video saved and will hope WiiM can fix my issue.

Here is the video.

Attachments

• ScreenRecording_09-10-2024 10-16-25_1.mp4
    101.9 MB
Last edited:
I have submitted a help ticket and feedback on this repeatable issue with a video showing it happening. After editing a PEQ I saved the settings it has separate left and right settings. I opened audio settings to verify that the master volume setting was correct, when I returned I noticed said I was using a custom PEQ setup instead of the one I had created, called test. When I reselected the correct settings I noticed that the left channel settings were now just copies of the right channels. I fixed the channel and saved it again and verified that the changes were made and where holding, they were. Thinking maybe this was a one off I again opened the audio settings page and again when I returned it showed a custom PEQ, results were the same. This was quite frustrating as it takes awhile to manually re enter 10 lines of settings and it leaves me constantly wondering what if something else has changed. WiiM support asked me to make a video of the issue and I easily was able to replicate the results. I just opened EQ settings and saved the current settings with a new name , then opened Audio settings and it did it again, but this time it affected both the test settings and the original settings I copied. Here are some other factors, music has always been playing when I have attempted it, there has always been another saved set of settings at the top of the list which hasn’t been affected. I don’t know if either of those have any bearing on the issue. I have had to redo the settings often enough that I'm not keen to do more tests. As a matter of principle I expect saved settings to not change on their own, especially due to random navigation. If no one can replicate the results that is fine, I have my video saved and will hope WiiM can fix my issue.

Here is the video.
Are you saving the left and right PEQ filters as two separate names?

Both channels are saved in the one called “test” and I show both the correct left and right settings prior to opening the audio settings. I have used the settings all day, day after day, but when I open audio settings, it creates a custom EQ and I loose one of the saved channels settings in my actual saved settings. I normally use the one called “L19 flat L R” in the list, I just duplicated it and called it “test” to show WiiM support. I didn’t want to screw up my normal use settings. Sadly as I said it changed both files test and L19 flat L R, previously I didn’t have the test one in the list, so I wasn’t aware it would.

How does one have two sets of PEQ settings selected at the same time while playing? I have been saving both in one saved settings for months.
You select them from the list separately, one for left and one for right. You can't have been saving them as one setting, it doesn't work like that.

And yes, that is confusing and I hope WiiM will improve the usability once they consider the feature itself perfectly mature.

Why not, you go into EQ settings put in left numbers, touch the right button, put in fight channel numbers go up to save button give it a name. When I re open that named set of settings I can click left or right button and I see the correct settings for each. How as I asked earlier could you play stereo left and right if you have to save them in individual named settings? You can only select one named setting for use at a time.

Why not, you go into EQ settings put in left numbers, touch the right button, put in fight channel numbers go up to save button give it a name. When I re open that named set of settings I can click left or right button and I see the correct settings for each. How as I asked earlier could you play stereo left and right if you have to save them in individual named settings? You can only select one named setting for use at a time.
Like I said you select one setting for left and one setting for right.
Screenshot_20240910-204120.png

Screenshot_20240910-204133.png

Yes exactly, and you save them both under one settings name, as I described, so we are in agreement. My issue is that if I open audio settings as demonstrated it will copy over the left channel settings with the right channel settings in my previously saved set.

Yes exactly, and you save them both under one settings name, as I described, so we are in agreement. My issue is that if I open audio settings as demonstrated it will copy over the left channel settings with the right channel settings in my previously saved set.
Mine aren't under the same name, you can see stick next to the one used for each channel.

I will try your way, just tell me how to select both left and right set of settings so they are active at the same time so I have them in stereo. I can only seem to have one selected at a time, and my way has both channels in it. Which kinda makes sense. And yes I would like it to not change and why I submitted a ticket. Anyhow I will use your way as long as I can have both channels adjusted at the same time.

I will try your way, just tell me how to select both left and right set of settings so they are active at the same time so I have them in stereo. I can only seem to have one selected at a time, and my way has both channels in it. Which kinda makes sense. And yes I would like it to not change and why I submitted a ticket. Anyhow I will use your way as long as I can have both channels adjusted at the same time.
When you click on the left channel scroll down to the list of settings and select the left channel setting, then click on the right channel and scroll down to select the right channel setting. Then when you switch between left and right you will see the tick against the selected filters.

That is because you are on the edit screen when that happens, look at the screen shot above, it shows all the device settings choices, next to EQ it shows which setting set is active. Both channels need to be in this one set of settings.

That is because you are on the edit screen when that happens, look at the screen shot above, it shows all the device settings choices, next to EQ it shows which setting set is active. Both channels need to be in this one set of settings.
I didn't write the app. If you don't believe everyone telling you how to do it then carry on doing it your way.

Back