Odd issue where saved PEQ settings get changed by just opening Audio settings

Schmidlapper

I have submitted a help ticket and feedback on this repeatable issue with a video showing it happening. After editing a PEQ I saved the settings it has separate left and right settings. I opened audio settings to verify that the master volume setting was correct, when I returned I noticed said I was using a custom PEQ setup instead of the one I had created, called test. When I reselected the correct settings I noticed that the left channel settings were now just copies of the right channels. I fixed the channel and saved it again and verified that the changes were made and where holding, they were. Thinking maybe this was a one off I again opened the audio settings page and again when I returned it showed a custom PEQ, results were the same. This was quite frustrating as it takes awhile to manually re enter 10 lines of settings and it leaves me constantly wondering what if something else has changed. WiiM support asked me to make a video of the issue and I easily was able to replicate the results. I just opened EQ settings and saved the current settings with a new name , then opened Audio settings and it did it again, but this time it affected both the test settings and the original settings I copied. Here are some other factors, music has always been playing when I have attempted it, there has always been another saved set of settings at the top of the list which hasn’t been affected. I don’t know if either of those have any bearing on the issue. I have had to redo the settings often enough that I'm not keen to do more tests. As a matter of principle I expect saved settings to not change on their own, especially due to random navigation. If no one can replicate the results that is fine, I have my video saved and will hope WiiM can fix my issue.

Here is the video.

Attachments

• ScreenRecording_09-10-2024 10-16-25_1.mp4
    101.9 MB
Last edited:
I have attached a screen recording showing both the left and right channels with separate settings saved into the one named set. Also I’ve attached a screenshot showing it as the active EQ settings. I like this way better, for two pairs of different speakers it would require just two named sets, which I have.

I have attached a screen recording showing both the left and right channels with separate settings saved into the one named set. Also I’ve attached a screenshot showing it as the active EQ settings. I like this way better, for two pairs of different speakers it would require just two named sets, which I have.
Yet you still have an issue

I'm out

I don’t have an issue 99.9% of the time I don’t look at audio settings normally. I just don’t like that it can overwrite my saved settings. The rest of the time I enjoy having two channels I know are actually being EQed while I listen. If WiiM doesn’t fix it I can work around it, just prefer it be fixed.

I don’t have an issue 99.9% of the time I don’t look at audio settings normally. I just don’t like that it can overwrite my saved settings. The rest of the time I enjoy having two channels I know are actually being EQed while I listen. If WiiM doesn’t fix it I can work around it, just prefer it be fixed.
When you do a room correction using L/R channels it saves two settings files not one.. Now do you believe us?

Screenshot_20240910-220645~2.png

I see what you are saying, but I have demonstrated I can save both channels to one and I can assure you they are both playing in the appropriate speaker. Why wouldn’t I resist going back to needing two files instead? What links them as a set so the player knows not to use one of the other left or right channel settings in a big list? Where on the Device screen does it show both of those are active? How should a person manage a large list of different speakers and curves especially manually entered ones? What happens if you delete just one of the two needed for a pair?

If WiiM can fix my simple issue where navigation doesn’t over write one channel in a saved file, l prefer one file containing both channels, over this file for every channel setup.

Attached is my demo of Slartibartfast's video, mine doesn’t cause check mark to jump from file to file between left and right buttons.

Attachments

• ScreenRecording_09-10-2024 17-13-11_1.mp4
    5.1 MB
I see what you are saying, but I have demonstrated I can save both channels to one and I can assure you they are both playing in the appropriate speaker. Why wouldn’t I resist going back to needing two files instead? What links them as a set so the player knows not to use one of the other left or right channel settings in a big list? Where on the Device screen does it show both of those are active? How should a person manage a large list of different speakers and curves especially manually entered ones? What happens if you delete just one of the two needed for a pair?

If WiiM can fix my simple issue where navigation doesn’t over write one channel in a saved file, l prefer one file containing both channels, over this file for every channel setup.

Attached is my demo of Slartibartfast's video, mine doesn’t cause check mark to jump from file to file between left and right buttons.
It is amazing that you can save one setting but WiiM themselves save two. Why would they do that when they can simply save one? Anyway you know best.

I'm still wondering if WiiM developers got us wrong, asking for independent L/R PEQ: You can set all (?) WiiM devices to play the left or the right channel, only ...
:p

Sounds logical. But it is not.
I'm left wondering too at this point. I can find no official information from WiiM regarding how these new controls actually work, just other confused people saying what they think/hope to be true. I see both you and Slartibartfast are not fans of this current situation based upon your other posts in similar threads. Having no documentation on these controls available and my experiences with it mostly working as most people I've read expect it would, it shouldn’t come as a surprise if I found it difficult to believe WiiM went the odd route. I'm still hoping the sort of working single file model wins. I believe that is a more logical approach.

I apologize regardless, I can only say I was defending my own experiences, I am sort of confused at this point.

Cheers.

Update;

Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize for the poor experience.

The issue you reported will be resolved in the next version.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,
WiiM Support

I remain hopeful.

Back