PEQ talk

Hi to all
I haven't intervened in a long time, but this is the right time. I have several things to ask about the long-awaited PEQ. ;)
Let me start by saying that I am completely incompetent when it comes to EQs, because I am not in favor of anything that alters the recording in a more or less arbitrary way. I had a physical EQ in my youth, but I quickly sold it because it brought me more dissatisfaction than satisfaction.;)
Coming to the point. I wanted to try to play around a bit with the famous PEQ, but I found, in my opinion, some defects:
The IOS version seems fine, but the reset doesn't seem to work. Another thing is that when switching between EQ on and EQ off, I don't hear any audible differences on the equalized frequencies. Am I doing something wrong?🤔
Android version. It seems like a mess to me. The upper portion of the screen with the 4 frequencies and curves does not appear. Filters 1 and 4 are not selectable while they are in the IOS version. Does it happen to you too?
Now I have some truly incompetent questions.
1) Could you suggest an easy beginner's guide on how to use a 4-frequency parametric? Filters, Gain, Q Factor etc. I'd like to try, but I don't understand anything.
2) Filters. I see PK; HS;LS. What is the difference between these filters? Which is better to use if one is better than the other?
3) If, for example, I wanted to use parametric to increase the presence of the drum cymbals, which frequencies should I increase? Could anyone suggest some good values for the various settings? I mean Filters, Frequencies, Gain, Q factor for the four frequencies.
I know I've put a lot of meat on the fire, but I would be grateful if someone could help me.😊
A nice weekend to all
Hi. 😊

Did you read this first?
https://faq.wiimhome.com/support/so...ow-to-use-parametric-eq-a-comprehensive-guide

What Android version is your phone?
At least Android 9 and earlier versions don't seem to show the graph.

Reading this thread has made me want to give the WiiM Pro equalizer another chance, and maybe I'll turn it back on after swapping out the current Fosi amplifier with its little brother without tone controls.
In particular, I read that it seems the equalizer has been completed with an algorithm for compensating the maximum manageable level.
Using the equalizer would also bring my Aiyima A07 back into play, which is equally good but has timbral characteristics that are not well suited to these speakers.
However, one choice made by WiiM is not entirely clear to me: why limit the choice of filter types to just two controls? This prevents setting a differentiated response.
For example, I might want +2dB starting from 7000Hz, +4dB beyond 10000Hz, and on the other side, +2dB below 200Hz increased to +4dB below 100Hz.
Of course, these values are just an illustrative example.

Last edited:
Yes, but it seems a mess to find something simple, just for newbies 🤔

Thanks very much. I will follow your links. Let's see if I can come up with something. 😂😂😂;)

It seems to come from a different starting point too - less of a config/control point and more of a media player to a degree?
yep...does offer play stop and select a preset (likely a bunch of folders but I didn't try that) but I don't see any other features

So, I hope for more progress for sure, just that they're probably not so concerned on that

Last edited:
I asked for decimals on the frequencies, happy to see they adopted it. PEQ is now fine tuned!

Edit: now if we could have more PK bands, the more the better!

Last edited:
iOS app updates but peq still doesn’t do anything on the Pro Plus yet.
What do you mean by doesn’t do anything on the Pro Plus? I can dynamically adjust the PEQ graph on my iPad WiM Home app and clearly hear the difference. I’m using analogue out, using the Pro Plus DAC.

Also when this does work does it apply any headroom to stop clipping in the digital domain? I don’t see an option for this Or do you alter the output volume?

Back