Phono stage development

beadlesabout

If you're familiar with the Parks Audio Waxwing, you'll be aware of the amazing features available to a phono stage that's in the digital domain.

The first hurdle is to convince an analogue obsessive to accommodate a digital phono stage. This is easier when it's built into their streamer, as it is in the WiiM ultra. My experience with the Waxwing is that it's an outstanding phono stage that comfortably accommodates high end cartridges and has many unique features you don't know you need until you can't live without them.

I was a little disappointed by the lack of features available to tweak the phono stage in the WiiM ultra, so I really hope someone on the development team at WiiM buys a Waxwing and has a look at what it can do.

If you're familiar with the Parks Audio Waxwing, you'll be aware of the amazing features available to a phono stage that's in the digital domain.

The first hurdle is to convince an analogue obsessive to accommodate a digital phono stage. This is easier when it's built into their streamer, as it is in the WiiM ultra. My experience with the Waxwing is that it's an outstanding phono stage that comfortably accommodates high end cartridges and has many unique features you don't know you need until you can't live without them.

I was a little disappointed by the lack of features available to tweak the phono stage in the WiiM ultra, so I really hope someone on the development team at WiiM buys a Waxwing and has a look at what it can do.
upstream of the "dsp" etc software..there is the quality of the hardware, very difficult given the gains, (and its specific impedance capacitance functionalities)

Last edited:

That would be pretty cool. I honestly don't know why everyone doesn't offer some of the parks audio features considering many devices now are digitizing their analog inputs.

upstream of the "dsp" etc software..there is the quality of the hardware, very difficult given the gains, (and its specific impedance capacitance functionalities)

I’m not sure I follow what you mean. The Waxwing doesn’t have any high end hardware in it and it has infinite adjustment for capacitance and impedance etc so I assume it’s all done in the software. Is it not?

I have to imagine since the wiim can switch from mm to mc by software, it is already sending that input through a dsp. I wonder how hard it would be to implement more features.

Back