Plex Integration (In-App and as Plexamp Player)

jxrxme

Major Contributor
I really love the WiiM Amp so far. Most music I listen with the Amp is using Plexamp + Chromecast to WiiM Amp.

A native Plex Integration would be highly appreciated. Integrated in the WiiM Home App and additionally as Plexamp compatible player in the network since listening to music with Plexamp is way more fun.

I would absolutely beta test this feature.

This would be awesome - exactly what I'm looking for.

I would replace my 8 Chromecast Audios with Wiim Pro / Pro Plus in a heartbeat if they supported Chromecast and PlexAmp

I really hope for “PlexAmp” integration, too. But the normal and boring Plex Player itself would be an improvement for me (compared to DLNA playback) since the Plex playback would handle my last.fm scrobbles.

I think Plexamp Headless should be priority. Integrating full Plexamp functionality into WiiM home app is a lot to add so maybe better to control the headless Plexamp from your smartphone.

I think Plexamp Headless should be priority. Integrating full Plexamp functionality into WiiM home app is a lot to add so maybe better to control the headless Plexamp from your smartphone.
That's how it's done on the Lumin D3 and Audiolab 9000N as well. No need to integrate Plex browser functionality inside the WiiM Home app.

Despite my initial post I agree that the headless PlexAmp integration should be done first. Should be way less work and you get a great UI (PlexAmp App) immediately “for free”.
A Plex browser integrated in the WiiM Home App will never match the functionality of the PlexAmp App.
Additionally the PlexAmp headless integration would make the transition of listening at home (via WiiM device) to listening on phone when leaving the house seamless!

Despite my initial post I agree that the headless PlexAmp integration should be done first. Should be way less work and you get a great UI (PlexAmp App) immediately “for free”.
A Plex browser integrated in the WiiM Home App will never match the functionality of the PlexAmp App.
Additionally the PlexAmp headless integration would make the transition of listening at home (via WiiM device) to listening on phone when leaving the house seamless!
I returned my first Wiim Pro a year ago because as cool as it was my receiver did most of what it did, it already can play music from my server using it's native software but its clunky and slow. I would be buying the Wiim for this exact feature. A headless Plexamp player with all it's features that isn't a pi.

I returned my first Wiim Pro a year ago because as cool as it was my receiver did most of what it did, it already can play music from my server using it's native software but its clunky and slow. I would be buying the Wiim for this exact feature. A headless Plexamp player with all it's features that isn't a pi.
Yes as a log time Plexamp user I can see this being really popular with fellow Plex users.

It would be a match made in heaven 😀

I've just sold my WiiM Pro and will be receiving my Ultra in August. Currently running good ol' mOOde Audio on my RBPi again with Plexamp headless installed on the side with SSH. Does a great job actually.

Back