Podcasts on Wiim Pro..?

JVN01

Hi there can anyone point me in the right direction to access/play podcasts directly on Wiim Pro? May be something obvious I'm missing somewhere but thought I'd ask as I haven't found it yet...

I don’t believe the WiiM app has any support for podcasts, so you’d need to try accessing them via Spotify, or using Airplay from the Apple Music or Amazon Music apps

Hi JVN01, Brantome

You can search the podcasts with the WiiM Home App by selecting the Search tab and tapping the "Shows or Episodes" filter at the top. You can also use Spotify (Spotify Connect), Amazon Music (Alexa casting) or any Chromecast enabled podcast app to stream directly to the WiiM devices. Chromecast is supported on the WiiM Pro only. Hope it clarifies. Thank you!

Hi JVN01, Brantome

You can search the podcasts with the WiiM Home App by selecting the Search tab and tapping the "Shows or Episodes" filter at the top. You can also use Spotify (Spotify Connect), Amazon Music (Alexa casting) or any Chromecast enabled podcast app to stream directly to the WiiM devices. Chromecast is supported on the WiiM Pro only. Hope it clarifies. Thank you!
@WiiM Support Doesn’t work for me, the only results I get are from Tunein. For example, I’m listening to “The Rest is History” podcast on amazon music on my iPad, but when I search for that in the WiiM app it doesn’t appear in the search results, with only the header for Tunein but nothing from Amazon Music nor Spotify.

Also, podcasts aren’t supported by AlexaCast from the Amazon Music app (they never have been in my experience) - even if I connect to a WiiM device or indeed an echo, playback continues on my iPad, not the connected device. Chromecast doesn’t work either from the Amazon Music app for podcasts. Airplay however does work.

@WiiM Support Doesn’t work for me, the only results I get are from Tunein. For example, I’m listening to “The Rest is History” podcast on amazon music on my iPad, but when I search for that in the WiiM app it doesn’t appear in the search results, with only the header for Tunein but nothing from Amazon Music nor Spotify.

Also, podcasts aren’t supported by AlexaCast from the Amazon Music app (they never have been in my experience) - even if I connect to a WiiM device or indeed an echo, playback continues on my iPad, not the connected device. Chromecast doesn’t work either from the Amazon Music app for podcasts. Airplay however does work.
Hi Brantome,

The Amazon music API currently doesn't support the Podcast (the newer one will support though). For Spotify, you can search the podcast from your native Spotify App and stream it to the WiiM via the Spotify Connect.

I'll check the podcast from the Amazon Music on Alexa Casting and Chromecast and report back here. Thank you!

Hi Brantome,

Unlike the music content, it seems the Amazon Music (iOS) App only allows the AirPlay 2 for the Podcast. Very strange design.

Hi Brantome,

Unlike the music content, it seems the Amazon Music (iOS) App only allows the AirPlay 2 for the Podcast. Very strange design.
Yeah, it’s been like that since they introduced Podcasts in the Amazon Music app. Chromecasting of podcasts does work on Android from the Amazon Music app, but AlexaCast doesn’t. As you say, a strange design much like audio from some (most?) Alexa skills not being supported in MRM groups but radio and streaming services are…

Back