Just can't get Spotify Connect to 'see' my Ultra (Pro+ is OK)

Fine, as I said earlier what I suggest has proven to be a solution for other devices with the same issue . There’s no suggestion that you need to continue any association with Alexa after trying that, but if you don’t want to try it, that’s entirely your prerogative.

Does using ethernet for your ultra rather than WiFi make any difference?
Haven't tried Ethernet. My router is on another floor, some distance away.
All my eggs are in the wifi basket.

Oh... Spotify does find & connect to Ultra over BT. I got excited right after setup when Spotify finally worked. UNTIL I realized I still had BT enabled 😞

Another thread suggested deleting and re-installing the Spotify app helped them, but I guess there’s the danger of you losing the connect route to your other WiiM device if that goes belly-up.

Do you have the Spotify app on another device you can try connecting from?

Haven't tried Ethernet. My router is on another floor, some distance away.
All my eggs are in the wifi basket.

Oh... Spotify does find & connect to Ultra over BT. I got excited right after setup when Spotify finally worked. UNTIL I realized I still had BT enabled 😞
I tried to re-read this entire thread but couldn't really find the answer: When setting up your WiiM Ultra, did you ever enable Google Cast (or ChromeCast, which is the same)?

I know that I explicitly stated that this is not necessary for Spotify Connect (and that's the truth). But Spotify does support all connection options from Bluetooth to Google Cast to native Spotify Connect. It's just so strange that Spotify wouldn't find the WiiM Ultra that we should look into all the options to find the root cause.

And don't hesitate to send feedback to WiiM, again.

...did you ever enable Google Cast (or ChromeCast, which is the same)?

...And don't hesitate to send feedback to WiiM, again.
Google Cast is under "Voice" setup so I skipped that. I can try to enable it and see what changes.

And I'm in ~2x per day emails with Spotify & WiiM. They've exhausted their suggestions.
A replacement has been shipped.

I'm not sure what effect this had...

So I enabled Google Cast and my 2nd WiiM now shows up for Spotify--with "Google Cast" underneath.
Is the WiiM treating this as some kind of a work-around, backdoor access? It's it still bit-perfect, same as a direct connection?

I'm not sure what effect this had...

So I enabled Google Cast and my 2nd WiiM now shows up for Spotify--with "Google Cast" underneath.
Is the WiiM treating this as some kind of a work-around, backdoor access? It's it still bit-perfect, same as a direct connection?
No, certainly not. It's all in the Spotify realm. Spotify does support Spotify Connect targets and Google Cast targets. It also does support plain Bluetooth, of course.

So, you say that you now see the Ultra from within Spotify as a Google Cast target, but there is not option to switch from Google Cast to Spotify Connect from the three dot's menu`?

No, certainly not. It's all in the Spotify realm. Spotify does support Spotify Connect targets and Google Cast targets. It also does support plain Bluetooth, of course.

So, you say that you now see the Ultra from within Spotify as a Google Cast target, but there is not option to switch from Google Cast to Spotify Connect from the three dot's menu`?
From within Spotify the ellipsis shows:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240903_200128_Spotify.jpg
    Screenshot_20240903_200128_Spotify.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 14
Google Cast is under "Voice" setup so I skipped that. I can try to enable it and see what changes.

And I'm in ~2x per day emails with Spotify & WiiM. They've exhausted their suggestions.
A replacement has been shipped.
It’d be interesting to hear what Spotify suggested to get round this - their own forum has a lot of suggestions, even more “workaroundish” than my tried and tested Alexa suggestion, such as logging out twice from the Spotify app as that forces a re sync of sorts, clearing out cache/preferences files etc etc. It’s apparently not an uncommon issue…

Before enabling Cast the ellipsis for both boxes had only 2 options:
Sleep Timer
EQ
Sleep Timer and EQ are not options available from the three dot menu in Spotify 's speaker selection. Spotify has removed sleep timer support for connected speakers more than a year ago.

These options are available from the now playing screen in the WiiM Home App. Maybe you mixed that up?
IMG_20240904_131848.jpg

What's really a bit strange is that the WiiM Ultra is seen as a Google Cast target, but there are no three dots to switch over to Spotify Connect.

Have your phone and Ultra been connected to the same network when taking that screenshot or not?

I'll have to look again tonight but my view was much more limited...
View attachment 11251

Before enabling Cast the ellipsis for both boxes had only 2 options:
Sleep Timer
EQ

I’d expect the ellipsis beside your pro plus on that screenshot from Spotify to show what I’d posted above for my Ultra.

When you refer to the sleep timer and eq, that sounds like what you get from the ellipsis on the WiiM app Now playing screen, not the Spotify app devices list that I’m referring to.

Sleep Timer and EQ are not options available from the three dot menu in Spotify 's speaker selection. Spotify has removed sleep timer support for connected speakers more than a year ago.

These options are available from the now playing screen in the WiiM Home App. Maybe you mixed that up?
View attachment 11253

What's really a bit strange is that the WiiM Ultra is seen as a Google Cast target, but there are no three dots to switch over to Spotify Connect.

Have your phone and Ultra been connected to the same network when taking that screenshot or not?
I only have one network to connect to.

I’d expect the ellipsis beside your pro plus on that screenshot from Spotify to show what I’d posted above for my Ultra.

When you refer to the sleep timer and eq, that sounds like what you get from the ellipsis on the WiiM app Now playing screen, not the Spotify app devices list that I’m referring to.
Like I said I'll check again later.

Yeah, the discovery methods used by Chromecast and Spotify must be different. We have seen instances in the past where it has taken some time for WiiM devices to appear as Chromecast targets after Chromecast had been enabled, so it’s not without its own quirks, just not so many as Spotify seems to have.

Like I said I'll check again later.
Is there identical "Current Device" windows for BOTH the WiiM app and the Spotify app?

I just want to make sure we're on the same page.
Snarkblatt seems to be saying I'm showing a different screen than you are.
Are the presentations/options identical IOS vs Android?

Is there identical "Current Device" windows for BOTH the WiiM app and the Spotify app?

No, current device is the Spotify list that appears when you click on its speaker icon, and the list is the same in iOS and Android.

I just want to make sure we're on the same page.

I don’t think we have been. @harkpabst showed the menu from the WiiM app Now Playing screen whereas my and your latest “current device” screenshots are from the Spotify app device list. He only posted his screenshot in response to your mention of sleep/eq as that seems to have been the ellipsis menu you erroneously followed in the WiiM app rather than the Spotify app.

To be clear, we should be dealing with the Spotify app, nothing else.

No, current device is the Spotify list that appears when you click on its speaker icon, and the list is the same in iOS and Android.
To be clear, we should be dealing with the Spotify app, nothing else.

Spotify app "speaker" icon...

Screenshot_20240904_214927_Spotify.jpg

Click the ellipsis and this is all there is...

Screenshot_20240904_214937_Spotify.jpg

So does this indicate anything?

I'm lost.

Spotify app "speaker" icon...

View attachment 11280

Click the ellipsis and this is all there is...

View attachment 11279

So does this indicate anything?

I'm lost.
Hi Guy48065,

We have carefully reviewed your logs and identified the root cause. It appears that your router has multiple access points with the same name, and your Cisco router is blocking multicast traffic between these Wi-Fi access points. We have provided some suggestions in our new conversation—please take a look at them.

Back