Pro Plus: Chromecast & Qobuz

When I Chromecast Qobuz to my WiiM, I started seeing 16 bit, 44.1khz as max Chromecast quality even though I have my Qobuz app set for 96/24. Is there a setting I messed up?

If you want to use Chromecast in better quality, first go to Google Home app > Wiim > Settings > Sound and turn on Full Dynamic Range. I see this option on my iPhone. Then you will get maximum Chromecast quality.

Some versions of Google Home have this option, others don't. I have it on my iPhone, but it's not visible on my older Android phone. I don't know what it depends on. I turned it on on my iPhone.
The photo is in my language. I pointed with an arrow.IMG_0065.jpeg

Some versions of Google Home have this option, others don't. I have it on my iPhone, but it's not visible on my older Android phone. I don't know what it depends on. I turned it on on my iPhone.
Can you screen shot it? I have iPhone and download latest update on google home. The only thing I can adjust is volume control.

I had the same issue with WiiM Pro while WiiM Pro Plus was fine. So, I asked the forum and the solution is to uninstall iOS WiiM Home App and re-install the app. It worked for me.

I had the same issue with WiiM Pro while WiiM Pro Plus was fine. So, I asked the forum and the solution is to uninstall iOS WiiM Home App and re-install the app. It worked for me.
I uninstalled both apps and still no gear. Strange why I don’t have it.

Strange. What version of Google Home do you have? Mine is 3.20.102. You can check in App Store.
Or maybe it depends on the region? Or do you need the latest Android? I have no idea. For me this option worked before because I had Chromecast Audio.
Maybe you need to uninstall everything and restart? Let us know if you succeed.

Last edited:
It seems like Full Dynamic Range only appers when connected using 3.5mm or RCA cable.
When connected through optical cable always uses Full Dynamic Range no matter the switch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240719_081208_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240719_081208_Chrome.jpg
    557.4 KB · Views: 5
It seems like Full Dynamic Range only appers when connected using 3.5mm or RCA cable.
When connected through optical cable always uses Full Dynamic Range no matter the switch.
Great find.

I still doubt that this setting will affect vthe sample rate and bit depth. It sounds more like a compressor.

I've been using Chromecast Audio with optical output from the very beginning. I found out about this setting on some forum. It seems to me that the lower quality is the default setting for Chromecast and it should be changed. But maybe Google has changed something? The sound is definitely better after turning it on.
There is an inscription next to the switch that this is an option for hi-fi systems.
Many people write that Chromecast only provides AAC audio. Maybe that's why?

If this is confirmed, you need to inform Wiim so that they write about it in the user manual, because almost no one knows about it.
But it's also incomprehensible to me. I have 2 Android devices, 1 iOS, on all of them there is Google Home and Wiim is visible, and only on iOS there is a Full Dynamic Range switch. Maybe it has to be the device of the founder of the Home, and other household members do not have permissions? I don't know what to think. You have to look on Google and Chromecast forums. I have had this function for years, but always only on the main device.

Maybe I can calm you down a bit because I found information on another forum that this only applies to the analog output. On the digital optical one the signal is maximum - supposedly.

But I still don't understand why it is in one application and not in another.

I would also like to know this because I would like to use Apple Music in high quality. Airplay 2 has limitations, so I do it from Android. But I still don't know what the signal parameters are, are there better ones?

Last edited:
On other forums, people write that the settings appeared after adding the device to a new room in Google Home. Others write that the settings appeared after connecting to 5GHz WiFi. Try it.

If this is confirmed, you need to inform Wiim so that they write about it in the user manual, because almost no one knows about it.
But it's also incomprehensible to me. I have 2 Android devices, 1 iOS, on all of them there is Google Home and Wiim is visible, and only on iOS there is a Full Dynamic Range switch. Maybe it has to be the device of the founder of the Home, and other household members do not have permissions? I don't know what to think. You have to look on Google and Chromecast forums. I have had this function for years, but always only on the main device.
I have two Google account - one for personal and another for my work. I assigned WiiM Pro Plus to Google Home with my personal Google account. I have two iPhone - again one for personal and another for work and sync with respective account. With Google Home app on my personal iPhone, I see a cog wheel and can turn on full dynamic range. I connect WiiM Pro Plus to an external DAC via optical. With Google Home app on my work iPhone, I see a cog wheel but cannot control. It says "Request invite to manage" if I need to use a cog wheel. Hope this helps.

Back