Qobuz streaming menu only allowing 44.1kHz?

hbmorrison

I re-subscribed to Qobuz just now after letting a family plan lapse and I have just noticed that the streaming menu in the Qobuz section of the Wiim android app is only letting me select from 44.1kHz or 320kbps. The two hi-res options are greyed out.

I'm not actually sure how long it will have been like this as I only thought to check it as I had re-subscribed. In the past I have had it set to 192/24.

This happens whether I select my Wiim Pro (connected via coax) and my upstairs Wiim Mini (connected via optical). I've never had an issue streaming hi-res before.

App version is 2.6.6.231020.90a8a1.

Wiim Pro firmware version is 4.8.532836. Connected via ethernet.

Samsung Galaxy S23 running Android 13 / OneUI 5.1 patched 1st October 2023. Connected via WiFi 6.

ETA: I can stream 96/24 from the Qobuz app itself using Chromecast.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231029_005507_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20231029_005507_WiiM Home.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 4
Maybe @Brantome can check, since he's virtually your neighbor and there may be some geographical variable -- though I don't know if he has a Qobuz subscription -- but FWIW, I have all resolutions available to me. Have you checked that the output setting on your device is set to the max over whatever interface you're using? Perhaps you should reboot the app and device? If all else fails, would be best to open a ticket via your WHA.

I have a Qobuz account and Wiim has no problem letting me choose up to 24/192K streaming. Try logging into your Qobuz account directly (either the web site or phone app) and see what those streaming rates are set to.

Wiim_screen_shot.jpg

Maybe @Brantome can check, since he's virtually your neighbor and there may be some geographical variable -- though I don't know if he has a Qobuz subscription -- but FWIW, I have all resolutions available to me. Have you checked that the output setting on your device is set to the max over whatever interface you're using? Perhaps you should reboot the app and device? If all else fails, would be best to open a ticket via your WHA.
Yeah, I do have a Qobuz subscription and can select the highest rate.

I’d double check my login details first, logging out of Qobuz in the Wiim home app and back in again.

There was a glitch with the Qobuz servers earlier this week - this might be another manifestation of that.

If everything else fails, drop WiiM a ticket

I have put the wiim mini in my main system, connected to Smsl DO100 dac via optical, set it at maximum possiblity of resolution 24 / 192. Ok. WiFi ok. Connected to Qobuz. Tracks l m playing are hi res 96 khz but the wiim always stay on 44.!!! Many tracks tested. Always same problem. !!!! The sound is rather bad. My system being a hi resolution elec. X overed 3 amped.

I have put the wiim mini in my main system, connected to Smsl DO100 dac via optical, set it at maximum possiblity of resolution 24 / 192. Ok. WiFi ok. Connected to Qobuz. Tracks l m playing are hi res 96 khz but the wiim always stay on 44.!!! Many tracks tested. Always same problem. !!!! The sound is rather bad. My system being a hi resolution elec. X overed 3 amped.
Have you set the Qobuz streaming resolution to 24/192 under the three bar overflow menu on the Qobuz page within the WiiM Home app? Even set for just 16/44.1, it shouldn’t sound “bad”…

I think he has got it in another thread 😂

Not really the OP lives in …. 🤔 “Scotlabd”

Clearly been a while since you visited - I’d put Scotland’s larder and cuisine today amongst the finest available, but we’re straying wildly off topic on the back of a clear typo…

Back