search for content NAS

Hosted how?
e.g. are they just sitting on the nas as a load of files in a folder, or do you have a media server, such as minimserver, running on the nas?
If the latter, you should be able to see the media server in the wiim app, under browse/home music share.
Searching should be as simple as using the search icon in the app.

How do you currently play those files to the wiim then?
I'm sure your previous posts say you have done that.
So the 'home music share' menu in the wiim app is empty?

The Synology UPnP/DLNA server must be switched on in order that you can see the files via WiiM App but unfortunately the answer to your question - "how can I search for content in my music library" - is "with difficulty". Many people have decided not even try to use the WiiM App when playing UPnP/DLNA files but instead use BubbleUPNP (Android) or mConnect (iOS) or similar.

If you are in that screen and then choose the share, there's a magnifying glass icon in the top right.
Or, in the bottom banner menu, there's also a magnifying icon with the word Search under it.

The Synology UPnP/DLNA server must be switched on in order that you can see the files via WiiM App but unfortunately the answer to your question - "how can I search for content in my music library" - is "with difficulty". Many people have decided not even try to use the WiiM App when playing UPnP/DLNA files but instead use BubbleUPNP (Android) or mConnect (iOS) or similar.
I use bubble, but searching via the wiim app works for me too, better than it used to.

Maybe the media server in use (default synology one?) doesn't support searching?
Would seem unlikely; I have a qnap nas and searching via its default media server works, but I use minimserver free instead.
Maybe try installing another media server on your nas, especially if the 'top right' search when in that share doesn't work.

What format are the files in?
e.g.mp3, flac etc.
Do they have metadata tags, e.g. if you 'open' a file using a program such as mp3tag does it show values for things like artist, album etc.?
Wondering if searching isn't working 'cos there's no descriptive info against the files to search against.

Last edited:
There are quite a few UPnP/DLNA servers that don't provide a search function. Plex doesn't - admittedly DLNA is an afterthought in this case.

If you're just using the Synology Media Server, then it doesn't provide a search function. Better off using Minimserver or AssetUPNP on your NAS as they do present an external search feature

Back