Some images of the WiiM Ultra User Interface

Unfortunately to me the quality of the screen seems not very good and I'm not talking about the moiré effect in those pictures. Contrast seems pretty low and black looks rather greyish. I hope it looks much better in person.
Looks like it’s on full brightness and maybe would have better contrast if that was turned down a bit

I got a screen on my phone. I'm not getting up.

I suppose it depends on where you’re sat.

Mine will be on a desktop. If I have headphones on, it’ll be easy to use.

If I’m listening on my speakers, I initially sit up to the desk to set up/get going. The screen looks like it’ll make this easy. I then push my chair back around 1m to the correct sweet spot. Too far away to use the touchscreen, but close enough to view album art.

Our team recently got our hands on the latest samples and we wanted to show you some of the images of the album display since some of you were curious. Pictures don't do the screen display justice. It's very clear and crisp 😎. Hope you enjoy this sneak peak!

The main start image with rotating background images. The date and time synced to the mobile device you used to connect to WiFi.
View attachment 7575 View attachment 7573View attachment 7574
Option to view screen display or not
View attachment 7572

Album art and swipe right to see different screens.
View attachment 7576
View attachment 7567View attachment 7568View attachment 7569View attachment 7570

Adjust the volume using the knob and you can see the volume level on the screen.
View attachment 7571

More pics please, including screen menus, and the rear of the unit.

Many thanks.

I got a screen on my phone. I'm not getting up.
If you're not going to use it as anything more than a network streamer, I get your point, but then it's probably better to just stick with a WiiM Pro (Plus) or something.

I'll probably use it as a digital preamp, to become the centerpiece of my setup, with a tv, cd player, turntable and cassette deck connected. It's nice to have tactile controls to switch between different sources - either with buttons or in this case with a touch screen.

Maybe it doesn't show up as an option if there's no audio interface connected.. which I would definitely prefer to keep things clean :)

@WiiM Team the option to add/remove options from the input/output selection screens would be nice!

Or order them. I’ll be using streaming and USB, it’d be nice to be able to put those first. It wouldn’t really bother me then if the icons after these two were there or not.

It doesn't specify ethernet either.
I just would like to know if the streamer section is any better than the Pro.

The first pictures shown here (even if they were just renderings) clearly showed an Ethernet port.

This is covered by the Ultra FAQ:

Unfortunately to me the quality of the screen seems not very good and I'm not talking about the moiré effect in those pictures. Contrast seems pretty low and black looks rather greyish. I hope it looks much better in person.
I guess your OLED TV doesn't have to worry about receiving a redundancy notice... :)

The first pictures shown here (even if they were just renderings) clearly showed an Ethernet port.

This is covered by the Ultra FAQ:

Well, all that remains to be proven.

Well, all that remains to be proven.
The WiiM Ultra is not on sale, yet. Whom do you expect to answer questions about it's features if not WiiM? ;)

Your critical question will long be forgotten when the first reviews come out.

200% it’ll have Ethernet given the initial mockup images and spec. As it’s very subjective, only you will be able to whether the streamer is any better than the Pro for you…

Even though I'm rather sure it doesn't really need them but will work right out of the box. ;)

Back