Spotify for dummies

@Hollywood
And one more thing about the gapless playback - the way the audio content is delivered to the streamer also matters. For example it's common that the playback will be gapped when Chromecast is used. I don't know if AirPlay supports gapless playback.

@Hollywood
So, i use Amazon Music Unlimited, and 99% i listen to Albums. Rarely, during a workout or a run i use playlist and in these cases gapeless or not, it doesn't matter. Anyway casting Albums from the native App or WHA i have always Gapeless music.
More generally I would also like to say that Gapeless music has little importance, in my opinion, even in Jazz or Rock.
The tracks are clearly detached, so a second or two more or less doesn't make a big difference.
Where the Gapeless becomes ESSENTIAL is listening to Classical. Here you have not detached tracks, but movements that fade into each other.
So if you don't have the Gapeless feature, there's either too much gap between one move and another, or you feel a jump from one move to another.
In both cases a very bad listening experience. :eek:

For me it's rather simple - the content should be delivered the same way it has been prepared. Gaps, if any, are parts of the songs. No forced gaps in between. This is achievable only with the gapless playback.

A tiny veto from here @Maurizio
What about live recordings? And also a great number of so called concept albums are only numbered due to the convenience with CDs ages ago. The life version from Coltrane's Love Supreme would make me sick with gaps, even milliseconds 😉 I would know are wrong.
@Achim1811
You are perfectly right and, as usual, i must agree with you. But.....don't get used to it ;) 😂

On gapless.
It wasn’t that long ago - maybe 5-6 years - where it was sadly very very common that even some very expensive streamers didn’t support gapless.
My brand new car still doesn’t but I can live with that as I only ever play randomly from a usb stick if I’m not streaming or listening to radio.

Back