Subwoofer out not working. Also Line out signal too high at volumes 1-6?

VladM

HI,

I just got the Ultra and tried all settings to get the sub signal to my powered sub with no luck.

Also, using the Ultra as a pre amp I can't turn it very low. As volume 1-6 is the same level which is too loud for background music.

All the latest updates are in place.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Vlad

Also, using the Ultra as a pre amp I can't turn it very low. As volume 1-6 is the same level which is too loud for background music.
I have same problem as you before with just few click it get loud too fast. On audio setting drop the voltage from 2v to 1v. Try that first then if you need more go to pre gain to and reduce your source to -3db. Play on either combination or both. I have mine set 800mv and -6db pre gain. Now the adjust is more linear that don’t get freaky loud.

I just got the Ultra and tried all settings to get the sub signal to my powered sub with no luck.

All the latest updates are in place.

Any ideas?
Too little detail.

Please post screenshots of your subwoofer settings.

Which output are you using? What's connected to that output? More questions to follow :)

I’m assuming you have sub input enabled in settings, the level isn’t turned down in settings, and the crossover is set to something fairly standard (eg. 60 or 80 hz)?

If so, is your powered subwoofer set to some kind of input sensing mode?

For what it’s worth, I am using the sub out connected to an SVS powered sub and have had no issues thus far with it.

I was able to reduce the main output to 500mV. Thank you for your advice.

Still no sub out. The sub does work parallel with the line out L+R. Or just L or R channel.

BTW I am very versed in AV systems, but is puzzling me.

I was able to reduce the main output to 500mV. Thank you for your advice.

Still no sub out. The sub does work parallel with the line out L+R. Or just L or R channel.

BTW I am very versed in AV systems, but is puzzling me.
Did you connect the Ultra's sub out jack to the subwoofer's LFE jack and turn on the subwoofer setting in the WiiM app?

1000001075.jpg

And if so, make sure that the level is not set to -15 dB if there is no audible sound from the sub. :)

The sub does work parallel with the line out L+R.
The signal is summed up from left and right channel. But as pointed out by @Wiimer it will only receive frequencies below the crossover frequencies and the line out will only receive content above the crossover frequency. It's somewhat similar to setting speakers to "small" in AVR setup.

And if so, make sure that the level is not set to -15 dB if there is no audible sound from the sub. :)

The signal is summed up from left and right channel. But as pointed out by @Wiimer it will only receive frequencies below the crossover frequencies and the line out will only receive content above the crossover frequency. It's somewhat similar to setting speakers to "small" in AVR setup.
I get it. HI FI 101 . lol. With the sub ON in the setting the xover does cut out low freq at mail out

but still NO signal out.

My system is a bit complicated. The JBL speakers are Tri-amped. DBX electronic x-over is sending the signal to 6 power amps. The DBX input is now the Wiim Ultra with the sub output going to the Earthquake powered sub.

Attachments

• IMG_0749.jpg
    IMG_0749.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0751.jpg
    IMG_0751.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 6
but still NO signal out.

My system is a bit complicated. The JBL speakers are Tri-amped. DBX electronic x-over is sending the signal to 6 power amps. The DBX input is now the Wiim Ultra with the sub output going to the Earthquake powered sub.
That tri-amped setup doesn't really make a difference, it's still fed by the analogue stereo output of the WiiM Ultra.

For fault finding leave the sub output unconnected, just listen to the main speakers. Set the crossover frequency to 250 Hz in the Wiim Home App and toggle between subwoofer on and subwoofer off. There should be a very obvious difference. Alternatively, keep the subwoofer on setting but change the crossover frequency from 250 Hz to 30 Hz and back again. Repeat, if necessary. Again, the difference should be clearly audible.

Next you could connect either the left or the right line-out to the Earthquake subwoofer's input. Not the Ultra's sub out, but really one of its line outputs. Toggle subwoofer on and off. Keep the subwoofer setting on and change between 30 Hz and 250 Hz. You should hear a sound form your sub in all cases, maybe except the 250 Hz sub on setting. These outputs are known to work with your main speakers. If the sub remains quite, this is where the fault lies. Would be helpful to see the inputs and settings of that sub, btw.

If everything is working so far, you can connect the Ultra's subwoofer out to one of your main speakers. Be a bit careful with all volume settings you might have. With the crossover frequency set to 250 Hz you should clearly hear music from that speaker.

Back