Support for plex

Check the per player settings of the upnp plugin. Gapless is the default, but you need to bump sample rate from the default of 48 to 192 (at least for the WiiM). Totally gap free 24/192 playback for the WiiM. Wouldn’t be surprised if the lack of gapless is a function of your TV and speakers. Try force gapless for those, but it’s a compromise.

Any idea if LMS with the UPnP bridge plugin will support gapless? I've managed to get LMS working through Docker on my NAS and have to say I'm very impressed so far! I'd still prefer to stick with Plexamp altogether though - just because I'll keep using it for remote streaming as well.
I have a WiiM Mini working successfully with LMS and UPnP/DLNA bridge plugin 2.1.11 (a dev version) which will play FLAC versions of DSOTM correctly i.e. yes it does gapless but I can only say that it works on my specific setup.

LMS is running on Red Hat Linux
LMS is fairly recent but not latest.
I did not have to tweak the plugin settings in any way except set the max sample rate as 96k
WiiM is connected by Optical out to CD Receiver that is 24/96 capable.

Other users have reported problems getting gapless to work but we have yet to determine where the difference in setup lies. It could be OS specific but can't say.
My entire local library is FLAC and using Qobuz plugin on LMS which is also FLAC so cannot speak for other Codec's.

On the question of Plex vs LMS generally.
I use both and they are pointed at the same set of files on a NAS so music is available in Plex but I don't use it for that.
LMS is much superior for Music IMHO on a number of different criteria including it's support of players such as WiiM.
Plex is used solely for Video but the music is there if I ever was so inclined.

On the question of Plex vs LMS generally.
I use both and they are pointed at the same set of files on a NAS so music is available in Plex but I don't use it for that.
LMS is much superior for Music IMHO on a number of different criteria including it's support of players such as WiiM.
Plex is used solely for Video but the music is there if I ever was so inclined.
Same kind of setup here! Only from a Synology NAS with LMS in docker.. It took me a while before I figured out how to link my music folder to the virtual machine :)

Have you checked out Plexamp though? It's focused on music specifically. Sure it doesn't have webradio, isn't customizable with extra plugins and currently only supports other Plex instances or Chromecast devices as endpoints, but offers a great experience just for local playback + many customization options out of the box

It also generates intelligent, dynamic playlists.. Very Spotify-like.

Attachments

• 1000008192.png
    1000008192.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 1000008194.png
    1000008194.png
    911.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 1000008193.png
    1000008193.png
    787.9 KB · Views: 5
Same kind of setup here! Only from a Synology NAS with LMS in docker.. It took me a while before I figured out how to link my music folder to the virtual machine :)

Have you checked out Plexamp though? It's focused a lot more on music specifically. Sure it doesn't have webradio, isn't customizable with extra plugins and currently only supports other Plex instances or Chromecast devices as endpoints, but offers a great experience just for local playback. And offers many customization options.

It also generates intelligent, dynamic playlists.. Very Spotify-like.
Have to be honest and say No I haven't tried Plexamp.

My multi room music setup is entirely based on LMS with native SB players, Pi's with piCorePlayer etc and only the one WiiM for testing purposes.
I do have other UPnP devices (e.g AVR's and other network Receivers but they have SB devices plugged into them) and a CCA (in a box somewhere).

If you know about LMS you will know that once you have a player setup correctly everything just works. Obviously I also have Material skin and Music & Artist Info plugins to get metadata support and make a lot of use of DSTM with LastMix which if seeded correctly can be made to work like Spotify Radio.

I have too much invested in LMS to want to change and I can listen to my local files "on the go" if I want to using a VPN and iPeng with player enabled. I really don't see any advantage in moving to Plex (or Roon for that matter) especially given the lack of Internet Radio.

Any idea if LMS with the UPnP bridge plugin will support gapless? I've managed to get LMS working through Docker on my NAS and have to say I'm very impressed so far! I'd still prefer to stick with Plexamp altogether though - just because I'll keep using it for remote streaming as well.
Confirmed WiiM Mini will play gapless (FLAC) with LMS and UPnP/DLNA bridge 2.1.11 - this is a dev version.

Settings here https://forums.slimdevices.com/foru...13767-wiim-mini-and-pro?p=1553904#post1553904

You can access LMS remotely if you use a VPN.

Android. SB Player (£) controlled by Material skin.
iOS. iPeng (£) with player mode enabled. Material skin optional.

Has anyone with a Wiim Pro tried casting to the Wiim Pro (using Chromecast) from PlexAmp?? I believe it should appear as an audio destination?

Has anyone with a Wiim Pro tried casting to the Wiim Pro (using Chromecast) from PlexAmp?? I believe it should appear as an audio destination?
It probably does and should work as expected, as stated earlier by the WiiM team (they supposedly tested it). Although I'm not sure if it goes up to 192/24. And it won't be gapless

Confirmed WiiM Mini will play gapless (FLAC) with LMS and UPnP/DLNA bridge 2.1.11 - this is a dev version.

Settings here https://forums.slimdevices.com/foru...13767-wiim-mini-and-pro?p=1553904#post1553904

You can access LMS remotely if you use a VPN.

Android. SB Player (£) controlled by Material skin.
iOS. iPeng (£) with player mode enabled. Material skin optional.
Sorry, but I think I don't see the point in accessing LMS remotely through VPN.. Because in LMS there's no option for local playback on the phone right?

What's the point in accessing LMS remotely through VPN if it can't playback on your phone?
It can playback on your phone - you need these apps
Android. SB Player using Material as a controller
iOS. iPeng with player mode enabled

It probably does and should work as expected, as stated earlier by the WiiM team (they supposedly tested it). Although I'm not sure if it goes up to 192/24. And it won't be gapless
Gapless would be a problem alright, 24/192 is not an issue for me, I can barely hear the difference between Spotify 320kps MP3 files and CD quality 16/44 (so would definitely not hear a difference beyond 16/44.

If the WiiM Team are listening I might be able to assist them, I have written some tools using the plex api previously and would be interested in assisting in a little integration.

@WiiM Support I know Roon support comes first, and saw that Squeezebox support has been added to the roadmap as well. Is Plex still being looked into and also part of the roadmap? Thanks!

Have to be honest and say No I haven't tried Plexamp.

My multi room music setup is entirely based on LMS with native SB players, Pi's with piCorePlayer etc and only the one WiiM for testing purposes.
I do have other UPnP devices (e.g AVR's and other network Receivers but they have SB devices plugged into them) and a CCA (in a box somewhere).

If you know about LMS you will know that once you have a player setup correctly everything just works. Obviously I also have Material skin and Music & Artist Info plugins to get metadata support and make a lot of use of DSTM with LastMix which if seeded correctly can be made to work like Spotify Radio.

I have too much invested in LMS to want to change and I can listen to my local files "on the go" if I want to using a VPN and iPeng with player enabled. I really don't see any advantage in moving to Plex (or Roon for that matter) especially given the lack of Internet Radio.
I have tried Plex. There’s really no comparison to LMS, which is mostly open source and, thanks to several good folks, well supported via a very active forum. I found Plex to be just OK as a Tidal front end, but its refusal to support the most common endpoint protocols, like UPnP, makes it a non-starter for me. I really think most Plex users must never have tried LMS with the Material Skin.

I have tried Plex. There’s really no comparison to LMS, which is mostly open source and, thanks to several good folks, well supported via a very active forum. I found Plex to be just OK as a Tidal front end, but its refusal to support the most common endpoint protocols, like UPnP, makes it a non-starter for me. I really think most Plex users must never have tried LMS with the Material Skin.
I use both. LMS for my in home listening and Plexamp for my out of home listening. I prefer LMS overall but Plexamp just makes remote listening so easy. I only wish there was an easy way to share playlists between the two.

I use both. LMS for my in home listening and Plexamp for my out of home listening. I prefer LMS overall but Plexamp just makes remote listening so easy. I only wish there was an easy way to share playlists between the two.
OK, I can see that may be a compelling reason for some, but as I don't have any stored music files, listening away from home is the same as listening at home, via Tidal.

Are you sure there isn’t? Surely if the files are on the same server it’s just a question of file paths which (on Linux) can usually be solved with some clever symlinking.

I do have a Plex server for video. I shall have a fiddle in next couple of days.

Are you sure there isn’t? Surely if the files are on the same server it’s just a question of file paths which (on Linux) can usually be solved with some clever symlinking.

I do have a Plex server for video. I shall have a fiddle in next couple of days.
I create most of my playlists in LMS. Plex stores it's playlist in it's database. The problem really is there are no playlist files .m3u in Plex. You can script using Plexapi calls to import and export .M3u. it works but it's cumbersome and you can only import into the main admin user in Plex. So if my wife has playlists in LMS they can only be imported into the main users account in Plex. Then you must use scripting with Plexapi to move those playlists from the main account to her account. Of course things may have improved on this front as I haven't messed with the playlist script in about a year. So it's possible. And NO, Plex does not have an import export playlist function in it's GUI.

I create most of my playlists in LMS. Plex stores it's playlist in it's database. The problem really is there are no playlist files .m3u in Plex. You can script using Plexapi calls to import and export .M3u. it works but it's cumbersome and you can only import into the main admin user in Plex. So if my wife has playlists in LMS they can only be imported into the main users account in Plex. Then you must use scripting with Plexapi to move those playlists from the main account to her account. Of course things may have improved on this front as I haven't messed with the playlist script in about a year. So it's possible
I thought it would just be a file path issue with both using .m3u

Your description suggests it is indeed a bag of worms (on Plex side).

There are ways to safely use LMS when out and about but they do take some setting up and are a bit complicated. You can use iPeng or SB Player etc with a normal VPN of course but there is also now ngrok and tailscale that can be used.

I thought it would just be a file path issue with both using .m3u

Your description suggests it is indeed a bag of worms (on Plex side).

There are ways to safely use LMS when out and about but they do take some setting up and are a bit complicated. You can use iPeng or SB Player etc with a normal VPN of course but there is also now ngrok and tailscale that can be used.
Yeah it's all Plex's fault. LMS is easy in this regard. My main remote use for Plexamp is with carplay and Android auto. I haven't found any thing compatible for the LMS that does those.

When I upgrade my car and/or get CarPlay I shall have the motivation to either try Plexamp or look for an LMS based solution.

Fortunately I don’t really do playlists I’m an album man or let DSTM do it’s stuff with the help of LastMix.

Slightly off topic. Seems to me there are quite a few LMS users here but very few Rooners.

Back