Trigger question when using AirPlay

DS-21

I’m thinking about adding a Wiim Pro, but have a question about the trigger behavior on AirPlay. (I assume Pro works the same as puck and has auto standby).

For example, if you set Standby Mode to 5 min, does that mean that if you stop streaming Apple Music over AirPlay, the trigger will go off after 5 min and turn downstream processors and amps off?

I’m thinking about adding a Wiim Pro, but have a question about the trigger behavior on AirPlay. (I assume Pro works the same as puck and has auto standby).

For example, if you set Standby Mode to 5 min, does that mean that if you stop streaming Apple Music over AirPlay, the trigger will go off after 5 min and turn downstream processors and amps off?
I have standby time set to 30 sec. When I pause a music I can see that 30 sec later toslink light is switched off, as expected. But there is still 12V voltage on the trigger port and it goes to 0V later, I would say after a minute or two. Trigger behavior do not follow standby setting.

I have standby time set to 30 sec. When I pause a music I can see that 30 sec later toslink light is switched off, as expected. But there is still 12V voltage on the trigger port and it goes to 0V later, I would say after a minute or two. Trigger behavior do not follow standby setting.
So it doesn’t follow standby setting exactly, BUT it does shut off shortly thereafter without intervention? Thanks for checking!

FWIW I don’t usually see even this delayed effect. For me the trigger usually doesn’t ever go low and turn off my equipment. I’ve had it working sometimes so I don’t think the downstream equipment is to blame. Just got my pro and trying to figure out if it’s going to work for me.

Back