Two Pros for two speakers

Southern

I have two powered speakers with optical input. Can I buy two Pros - optical to each - and run from the app as one stereo pair?
Thank you.

I have two powered speakers with optical input. Can I buy two Pros - optical to each - and run from the app as one stereo pair?
Thank you.
I'm assuming they are not a 'pair' as such, just two standalone speakers?

You could group the pros in the wiim app and set one to output the left channel and the other the right.
Minis might also do, but depends on whether you specifically want pros for their extra functionality etc.
See screenshot - note the L and R at the end of the volume sliders. Press those to cycle theough the options (L, R, LR).
A group is limited to 48khz sample rate I believe, if that matters to you.
Note also that a group introduces a delay from the original source - not an issue for audio only, but if your source was, say, optical in from a tv then you'd have lip sync issues.

Screenshot_20240922-080140_WiiM Home.jpg

I'm assuming they are not a 'pair' as such, just two standalone speakers?

You could group the pros in the wiim app and set one to output the left channel and the other the right.
Minis might also do, but depends on whether you specifically want pros for their extra functionality etc.
See screenshot - note the L and R at the end of the volume sliders. Press those to cycle theough the options (L, R, LR).
A group is limited to 48khz sample rate I believe, if that matters to you.
Note also that a group introduces a delay from the original source - not an issue for audio only, but if your source was, say, optical in from a tv then you'd have lip sync issues.

View attachment 11979
Thank you very much. Weird they get restricted to 48Khz tho. 🤷‍♂️

Weird they get restricted to 48K
My thoughts...

Not really.
Multi room audio is probably not going to be a critical listening session.
Even if you were doing criticlal listening in one room while subjecting the rest of the household to your choice of music, I'd argue that 48khz is more than capable of providing an exquisite listening experience.

Now consider network bandwidth.
192khz is 4* the data rate of 48khz.
Now put 6 wiims in a group.
And have them all on wifi rather than ethernet.

And watch the complaints flood in 'cos multiroom audio "doesn't work".

Back