Ultra App Doesn't Recognize Device

monkuboy

Initially the app recognized my Ultra just fine, but the past few times I have used it, the app starts up on my iPad and it is unable to locate the Ultra device. When I unplug and reboot the Ultra box, then it is able to quickly recognize it.

The Wi-Fi is connected and working and the iPad is in close proximity to the Ultra unit. Any ideas as to why I keep having to reboot the device each day?

Have you checked your signal strength? While I haven't had discovery issues, I was having drop out issues that evidently due to a weak signal with my Wi-Fi. And I have great Wi-Fi with very fast speeds otherwise, but the Ultra was indicating a "Weak" or "Ok" signal. After finally giving up and connecting to Ethernet problems have gone away.

Just throwing it out there.

Also you might try sending a ticket to Wiim Support. They were fairly responsive to me.

Have you checked your signal strength? While I haven't had discovery issues, I was having drop out issues that evidently due to a weak signal with my Wi-Fi. And I have great Wi-Fi with very fast speeds otherwise, but the Ultra was indicating a "Weak" or "Ok" signal. After finally giving up and connecting to Ethernet problems have gone away.

Just throwing it out there.

Also you might try sending a ticket to Wiim Support. They were fairly responsive to me.
Thanks! The signal strength is fine so I don't know what it could be, and also why it is fine after rebooting. I was going to send a support ticket but figured I would check in the forum first.

Have you tried any other apps?
My Ultra worked fine with Quobuz, Radio Paradise, Amazon Music, and a couple others... But Spotify refused to discover the box.

Have you tried any other apps?
My Ultra worked fine with Quobuz, Radio Paradise, Amazon Music, and a couple others... But Spotify refused to discover the box.
I'm not sure I'm understanding. The Ultra app that I installed on my iPad doesn't discover the box unless I reboot the box. But I tried it just now and it recognized the Ultra box right away. So it seems to be a sporadic problem. Anyway, thanks for trying to help!

I'm not sure I'm understanding. The Ultra app that I installed on my iPad doesn't discover the box unless I reboot the box. But I tried it just now and it recognized the Ultra box right away. So it seems to be a sporadic problem. Anyway, thanks for trying to help!
I misunderstood. I thought the WiiM app wasn't connecting to streaming apps.

I can only add this:
My experience with WiiM units may not be typical but my first box (Pro+) wouldn't stay connected to Wi-Fi. I replaced it and #2 has been perfect. #3 (Ultra) can't be found by Spotify, but works fine with all other sources. A replacement is on the way. If the replacement connects with Spotify then I'm all set--but a 50% failure rate doesn't say great things about WiiM QC.
Early-Adopter Blues.

I misunderstood. I thought the WiiM app wasn't connecting to streaming apps.

I can only add this:
My experience with WiiM units may not be typical but my first box (Pro+) wouldn't stay connected to Wi-Fi. I replaced it and #2 has been perfect. #3 (Ultra) can't be found by Spotify, but works fine with all other sources. A replacement is on the way. If the replacement connects with Spotify then I'm all set--but a 50% failure rate doesn't say great things about WiiM QC.
Early-Adopter Blues.
Sorry to hear that. I hope this replacement works like it is supposed to work!

Initially the app recognized my Ultra just fine, but the past few times I have used it, the app starts up on my iPad and it is unable to locate the Ultra device. When I unplug and reboot the Ultra box, then it is able to quickly recognize it.

The Wi-Fi is connected and working and the iPad is in close proximity to the Ultra unit. Any ideas as to why I keep having to reboot the device each day?
As long as the Ultra is still active (https://ipaddressofultra/httpapi.asp?command=getStatusEx) it's likely a mDNS discovery issue.

I'd check that your router and each switch has IGMP Proxy/Snooping disabled.

I can´t connect Spotify on my iPhone but my iPad goes fine. All on the same network.

I can´t connect Spotify on my iPhone but my iPad goes fine. All on the same network.
That's a different topic, not related to the WiiM Home App.

See e.g. here, although this appears to be using a Samsung phone. guy12345 didn't say that clearly, but the screenshots look like One UI:

Back